Crackdown 2 gets tunes, Perfect Dark team-up, demo year-count

Friday, 2nd July 2010 11:42 GMT By Johnny Cullen

crackdown212

Microsoft’s released the full list of music you’ll hear when you buy Crackdown 2 next week, as well as announcing a partnership between the game and the XBLA version of Perfect Dark.

R.E.M is also on the list, as are Bob Dylan and Blue Oyster Cult, although you’ll get remixes from them too. The rest are all artists we haven’t really heard of, if we’re honest.

There will be some more remixes and original stuff in the game that’ll feature with the music above.

You can get the full list of who’s on the soundtrack at Joystiq.

Perfect Dark collaboration announced

The soundtrack announcement isn’t the only one for Crackdown 2 today: Microsoft’s confirmed a an Easter egg between CD2 and Rare’s XBLA title Perfect Dark.

If your 360 picks up a CD2 save file, you will automatically unlock a character for Perfect Dark’s multiplayer modes, known as Agent 4.

There’s more details here. Get reading, Agent.

Crackdown 2 releases on Tuesday in the US for Xbox 360, while it launches here in the UK next Friday.

The demo for the Ruffian sequel becomes a Sadistic bastard today.

Ruffian said today that gamers have so far spent a combined total of 132 years playing the demo.

1. Blerk

A rather bizarre mix, I must say! I can’t actually recall any of the music from the original. It was pretty quiet and you could only hear it when you were in a car, so 99% of the time it wasn’t even playing.

2. Gaz Liddon

Some of the tracks are really fantastic, the Dylan Masters Of War remix is a standout for me. The Kleptones’ REM remix of a song I previously hated is great too :D

3. Blerk

That’s a pretty weird link-up there. Perfect Dark? Really?

4. Patrick Garratt

Ruffian boss Gaz Liddon, ladies and gentlemen.

*applause*

5. Johnny Cullen

Blerk – Aphex Twin and DJ Shadow was involved in the original, I think.

6. Gheritt White

@3: 4J – who were responsible for the PD64 port to XBLA – are a Scottish dev team, as are Ruffian. Maybe they shared an MS executive producer?

7. StolenGlory

@Gaz.

You have the Dylan Masters of War Remix…

FUCK YES!

8. Petulant Radish

You haven’t heard of Johnny Cash? Are you yanking my chain? The man is a legend!!

9. Blerk

I might have to put some Johnny Cash on this afternoon now.

10. StolenGlory

@8.

Willie Nelson too :)

11. Petulant Radish

Everyone should listen to Johnny Cash, Live at Folsom Prison is one of the best live recordings ever. Cocaine Blues, Minutes to Go, Folsom Prison Blues…I’m going to have to listen to some too now…

12. mington

‘Get rhythm’ would be the ultimate song to plow through zombies with

if crackdown 2 has get rhythm on its soundtrack i’ll buy ten copies

13. Petulant Radish

Amen brother, amen.

14. Johnny Cullen

@8 – We mentioned Johnny Cash in the article, but we took it out to make room for the Perfect Dark news. :)

15. Patrick Garratt

Updated with a snip about combined time spent in the demo.

16. Blerk

132 years! Ha ha!

I think I’ve played this demo for longer than I’ve played some full games.

17. The Hindle

132 years wow what a waste of life :D

18. Blerk

They’d have only been interfering with themselves otherwise. I know I would.

19. Petulant Radish

Never remove Johnny Cash to make room for something else, he should have room made for him! LISTEN TO ME I’M NOT MENTAL.

20. ReeceHeywood

Wheres ma Atlus Plug?!

The songs from Atlus on the last Crackdown were fucking mint and made the game.

21. onlineatron

‘Microsoft’s confirmed an Easter egg’

What’s happened to gaming?