Portal E3 Demo: Parts 4 & 5 out now

Wednesday, 30th June 2010 21:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

portal 2 logo

Valve has released Parts four and five of the Portal E3 Demo in HD.

The clips show off two new gameplay tools: Pneumatic Diversity Vents and the Thermal Discouragement Beams.

“The bad news is these new puzzle elements can be hazardous to your health”, says Valve. “The good news is they’re even more hazardous to the health of turrets”.

Good to know.

Parts two & three were posted earlier today. Parts six and seven will be released tomorrow.

Portal 2 releases in 2011 for PC, 360, Mac and PS3.

Watch the videos below.

1. LOLshock94

still looks the same as portal one but thats a good thing

2. onlineatron

These videos have been up on IGN since E3. I don’t understand why blog sites are reporting them now.

3. Stephany Nunneley

Because apparently, IGN finagled a deal to get first dibs on them, and now they are available to the public without the logo.

That’s all I can figure anyway ;)

Regardless, I am not going to play it. I hated the first one.

/runs and hides in a cave

4. dark_prince123

Portal is awesome you should give it a try

5. Callum

Day of release purchase for me I think! Well excited :-)

6. Blerk

Hot! Do want.

I love the turrets, they’re so cute! Even when they’re shooting your face off!

7. frostquake

I just couldn’t get into Portal One, So I won’t be buying it, I guess I have brain damage because everyone around is Ku Ku for Portal 2, me I just want the next Chapter In Half-Life, or a New Half-Life game, but I guess I will be long buried at the ripe age of 101, before that happens. :(

8. Stephany Nunneley

@4 I said I hated the first one, which means I played it.

I wouldn’t say I hated something unless I had tried it – unless it involves pickles. In that case, auto hate.

9. Erthazus

@8 you must be the first person in the world wo don’t like Portal.

Except for gamers who don’t like Valve games or shooters.

10. Stephany Nunneley

@10 I actually know quite a few people who didn’t like Portal, and those same people – like myself- adore the Half-Life series, and play TF2.

11. Retroid

“I hated the first one.”

:o

Sorry Stephany our wedding is OFF.

12. The Hindle

Steph doesnt like Portal…. im making a note here, not a huge success.

13. Stephany Nunneley

@11 Sigh. Ok then. I will call the caterer and cancel the meal, along with the flowers, and the honeymoon in the Maldives.

Damn it. I was so looking forward to berating and emasculating you on a daily basis before filing for divorce 5-years later. :D

14. Retroid