Black Rock job listings point at new console racer in works

Tuesday, 29th June 2010 15:55 GMT By Johnny Cullen

splitsecond5

If job listings on its website are an indication, Black Rock is creating a racer for PS3 and 360. Massive shock there, then.

The Brighton-based developer of Split/Second has eight openings on its site, including design department manager, which mentions that candidates must “have strong console experience, including experience on ‘next generation’ consoles (PS3, Xbox 360).”

It also mentions that anyone applying needs to have “a strong passion and expert knowledge for games of all genres, but particularly in the racing and driving genres.”

If you fancy a stab, apply here.

Black Rock boss Tony Beckwith told VG247 back in January that the studio was working on a top-secret title, but nothing more on it was mentioned.

Thanks, TSA.

1. StolenGlory

If it isn’t a Split/Second sequel I’ll be mighty surprised.

2. theevilaires

Fuck them I got this game expecting some great car racing with custom soundtracks and I got nothing. Fucking lazy ass devs! I hate devs like them. Who doesn’t add custom soundtracks to racing games this day and age dammit!

3. Erthazus

“‘next generation’ consoles ”

I loled Hard. Next generation…

On the topic: Yes, it’s going to be Split/second 2, because the ending was interesting.

4. StolenGlory

@TEA

Not a fan of Split/Second then mate?

In an aside, at what point does the ‘next generation’ become ‘this generation’?

5. theevilaires

No I like the game beside the damn rubber band affect where I’m clearly ahead by miles but why no custom soundtracks. Shit that pissed me off. Mod nation racers has the feature and so should this game.

M$ was smart building that feature in the 360′s OS. Every racing game should have custom soundtracks for now on. So you have to pay M$ who gives a flying fuck I bought the game on your system SONY bit the bullet and just pay M$ the fucking royalties already.

People on 360 can every listen to music while galloping on their horse in RDR also. All I can do is gallop. Its pissing me off man. I WANT CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS ALWAYS!

6. Gheritt White

Gosh, S/S is definitely my favourite racing game since WipeOut 2097. Never thought that anything would come close to the thrills of WipeOut, but Black Rock certainly managed to pull it off!

7. Shagger

If they do a PC version, i hope they don’t just do a “console” port as their other game, Split/Second, was fucking piss-poor on PC.

I hope they take a look at Dirt 2, GRID, Blur, Burnout, etc, on the PC for how to do a proper PC version of a racing game.

They are a bunch of lazy bastards regarding PC development.

8. djhsecondnature

I realise that it is a sensible assumption that it will be a racer, but nowhere in the job posting does it state that.

9. Tallon 4

Pure an S/S were great games, which did something new.
    Great studio imo, can’t wait to see their next game.