SCEE debunks “false” Killzone 1 HD remake rumour

Monday, 28th June 2010 18:06 GMT By Johnny Cullen

killzone2art

SCEE’s told VG247 that reports circulating of a HD remake of the original Killzone for PS3 are “false”.

Developer Guerrilla Games gave a “no comment” on its Twitter when a fan asked of the possibility of a reboot of the 2004 PS2 shooter, followed by a smiley face. This was picked up by German website Playfront.de (via TSA).

But a Sony rep told us: “That’s false as far as I’m aware.”

Go get pumped for February and Killzone 3 instead.

Sony said over E3 that it’s looking at releasing more remixes of PS2 games for PS2, following the success of the God of War Collection.

1. The Hindle

Meh good the first KZ was pretty shit.

2. Erthazus

All Killzones are pretty shit.

3. OlderGamer

@ 1 and 2

Agreed.

4. AHA-Lambda

first was pretty mediocre and second was decent enough

5. SpartanNuke

yeah… second one was not so bad :/

6. DaMan

the original was god awful, unless it’s the first fps you played.

7. FadeLive

I still have my original copy of KZ1 and I have no desire to replay it was so ever. Like never ever ever. God that game was horrible.

Agree 100%, KZ1 was terrible and KZ2 was just okay, imo it was a clunky mess of an FPS that got overhyped because of pretty graphics.

8. xavdeman

I played Killzone: Liberation, but gave up after a frustrating end-boss fight. The Dutch have always been a bit of the B-team in game design. Will NOT try 1 and 2, but maybe 3 once it hits the bargain bin.

9. EliteF50

What are you guys talking about? KZ1 was great and KZ2 was amazing. I really hope they re-make KZ1 in HD.

10. TraceableX

KZ1 is bad (most of FPS games backthen are bad)

KZ2 is not okay; it is great. One of the best FPS games.
    I enjoyed it. Story mode is awesome and AI is great.

It only lacks more weapons.

11. metamorphic

EliteF50: who are you going to believe, some no name commenters on a site, or the vast majority of the video game press? I’ll let you decide.

12. Tourette syndrome guy

@ 11.

Ummmmmm……..I think I’ll believe myself. KZ2 was better than average FPS.

You MOTHER FUCKING CUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNTTTT!!!!!!

(sorry – see my name)

13. Demiath

I play one mission of Killzone 1 every six months or so, which means I’ll probably finish it before 2020 or something. The slow pace has more to do with glossy currentgen console games, and not with any particular dislike of the game. In fact, despite the obvious technical problems KZ1 has more variety and a more impressive scope than the strict urban corridor shooter that is Killzone 2 (which I found to be dreadfully boring).

14. Panipal2005

@ 12

Dude. Tourettes is a VERBAL disorder.

15. Galactic_Barret

KZ1 was good, you haven’t really played it if you think its any degree worse that decent. The pop-up and framerate problems really marred what was a good game. The guns were awesome, with useful alt fires (miss those), interesting characters (human/helghan spy), and decent mythology.

Then again, I play Nazi Zombies to get my fix, so not playing all shooters to the point exhaustion and boredom doesn’t quality me; I don’t know how FPS fans operate.

16. AHA-Lambda

I will say kz1 probably did have more variety than kz2 with alternate characters, more varied weaponry and more environments. BUT its plot was crap, the game felt very drawn out (yet it probably isnt that long but it took me forever to finish and my bro only finished it for the first time recently and he got it on release!!) and wasn’t very polished technical wise =/

kz2 fixed that part at least

17. Galactic_Barret

I agree with all of that.

Lets be clear, I haven’t finished either because of poor near-endgame decisions, but if your biggest flaw(s) are technical problems that keeps it from reaching its full potential (completely similar to SotC) then this remake would be a good thing.

The core mechanics were great, essential for any FPS. Everything not pertaining to killing needed work. If thats considered a crap game, well, I guess we’ve all taken a dip in the cesspool.

18. Amored

It’s “false” until they admit it :P

19. Robo_1

The more Killzone, the better. That is all. :)

20. chronoss2

KZ2 is the best FPS I have ever played.. With the tactical techniques online, it’s definitely the best in the genre. Sad number one will not be remixed.