3DS, “PSP-4000″ pegged for 2010 by Japanese retailer

Monday, 28th June 2010 09:20 GMT By Johnny Cullen

3ds4

According to a listing from Japanese retailer Geo, 3DS is set to drop this year. And so is “PSP-4000″.

No exact date is mentioned for either console.

NoA president Reggie Fils-Aime said over the weekend that 3DS will be out next year on US TV.

UK retailers seem convinced the machine won’t make it to Europe until 2011.

Fils-Aime has already confirmed 3DS will release in all major markets by the end of March next year, so we may be looking at first signs of a pre-2011 Japanese launch.

PSP-4000, meanwhile, hasn’t been announced. This may be PSP2, which is currently rumoured for a first airing at gamescom in August or Tokyo Games Show in September.

Watch the skies, innit.

Thanks, Siliconera.

1. 52pickup

Europe will get 3DS last no doubt.

2. satsugai

@1 Indeed. :(

I’m really looking forward to the unveiling of the PSP2, want to see what features it has. That 2nd anologue stick better be there.

3. Crysis

If Sony wants to stay in the potable console market, their next PSP better be more than a different shape with multiple enhancements, maybe the psp2 will be officially called the psp-4000 but with much greater hardware, it’s possible

4. Erthazus

If Sony is going to introduce it’s PSP2, it’s going to be Next Year Only at E3 2010.

5. Callum

Actually really excited to see what the PSP2 has to offer. I am going to buy one of the two but I will wait to see which one it is. Anyone know where to get a list of all confirmed 3DS games? Cheers :-)

6. 2plus2equals5

Psp4000 is only a new model of psp!

7. Crysis

@6 maybe, but i do not think Sony will try to compete with the same hardware against the 3DS, unless they’re planning to launch this within a few months & the psp2 some time late next year, they’ve already revealed that here will be 70+ games heading to the psp next year, so it would not surprise me in the least if they planned on unveiling the psp2 @ 2011s E3 for a Christmas holiday launch

8. Bulk Slash

With things like another God of War on the way for the PSP this year it seems unlikely to me they have PSP2 pencilled in for this year. If the PSP2 was out this year, I’m sure they’d want God of War as a launch title.

It will be great if they do announce the PSP2 this year as I love a hardware launch, but I’d bet it will be E3 2011 that it’s announced.

As a guess, PSP-4000 might be a fix for the scanline issues of the 3000′s screen.

9. Telepathic.Geometry

Johnny Cullen, help me out here please. Is that screenshot of a real 3DS Mario game? /drools

10. Blerk

It’s Paper Mario 3DS, is it not?

11. Telepathic.Geometry

WHAT!? I never heard about that game. Seriously? ^_^ /dances

/googles

12. Telepathic.Geometry

JESUS, IT’S TRUE!!! /dances some more

13. Blerk

I am happy to have assisted with your dancing. Providing you video it and put it on YouTube for us all to enjoy. Unless you’re currently naked, in which case don’t bother.

14. Telepathic.Geometry