Unannounced Crystal Dynamics game gets art

Sunday, 27th June 2010 20:27 GMT By Joe Anderson

downfall

Some art and concept designs for what appears to be an unannounced, Crystal Dynamics-developed, third-person, survival horror open-world game has appeared on the internet.

One of the company’s former employees has posted up some interesting design work for the game, while some concept art has also appeared from another former staffer.

We don’t really know much about this title, although Superannuation reckons it’s named Downfall.

What we do know is that Crystal Dynamics is hiring for its next title, which it calls “one of the most prestigious AAA franchises in the industry.”

Check it out.

1. Axelander

I so hoped this would be a new Legacy of Kain, but I saw that Crystal Dynamics is doing the game, so hopes destroyed… Silicon Knights, make a new Soul Reaver

2. Phoenixblight

You be confused because Silicon Knights only made the original Legacy of Kain all the other games for the series was created by Crystal Dynamics. Silicon Knights is practically dead with their Too Human bombshell.

3. YoungZer0

@2: No they aren’t dead. They got 4 mil. by the Canadian Government for their project.

4. Phoenixblight

Practically dead. Last I heard they were making a cell phone game.

5. AHA-Lambda

please make me happy with new LoK =(

6. Moonwalker1982

Jesus christ, finally after a hour i can login again. For some reason i couldn’t log in. It kept giving me a error about no permission. And when i clicked on ‘Contact’ it gave me a not found error.

Anyway, i’m really curious for this game. CD did a great thing for the Tomb Raider games, i enjoyed Underworld and its DLC’s alot.

7. osric90

@6 and everyone

I got this strange error when trying to modify my profile. It asks me for user name and password in a window that says “tester” at the end of the message… What is that??

8. Phoenixblight

Happens occasionally to me when I post a comment too fast like if I just posted a comment 10 seconds ago.

9. Moonwalker1982

@ 7

Ever since i registered here and trying to modify my profile (simply to change password, so i dont always to go to my email for the password that VG gave me, when my account automatically logs out after awhile) i ALWAYS get that error. So basically i simply can’t get into my profile, lol.

10. Blerk

Doesn’t look much like Soul Reaver, but it’d be nice to see CD do something other than a Tomb Raider for a change. Open world survival horror sounds kind of interesting, too.