Visceral “dedicated” to working on PC controls for Dead Space 2

Friday, 25th June 2010 22:54 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

deadspace2boxart

Visceral’s Steve Papoutsis has said that the developers are “dedicated” to getting the controls right in the PC version of Dead Space 2.

Speaking with CVG, Papoutsis was asked if the team had fixed the shaky controls prevalent in the first Dead Space.

“That’s something we’re focused on trying to improve,” said Papoutsis. “Not to sound snarky, but with Dead Space, honestly, the way we’re playing it is with a gamepad. Even if you’re a PC guy – if you have one – stick [your pad] in your PC and play the game with that.

“That’s the thing when we’re working on it that we have every day and we have readily available. But this time out we have people dedicated on working to improve the controls for PC players.

“Out of the box, we’re hopeful the PC version this time will respond a lot better and that people will be a lot more comfortable and happier with the controls.

“That is feedback we’ve heard and we’re certainly trying to address it”.

Dead Space 2 is slated for January 25 in North America, and January 28 in Europe for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. macronia

that’s great news for PC

“Even if you’re a PC guy – if you have one – stick [your pad] in your PC and play the game with that ”

lol really :P .. then why i play games on PC instead of consoles ?

2. Erthazus

I don’t know, for me controls were perfect in Dead Space 1 on PC. the only issue was sensetivity, but i can understand why it was always low, it’s because guns are heavy and you are not in the CoD style.

and no fucking way i’m going to play with gamepad. Seriousily.

3. SunKing

Good. Now, just make sure the DRM is unobtrusive, and we have a deal.

4. Dralen

I’m happy to know that they’re making an extra effort, but I agree with Erthazus.

Sensitivity was my only issue, was sometimes annoying having to drag my mouse all the way across my desk to do a u-turn.

5. absolutezero

Great just make sure that v-sync actually works without breaking the game now.

6. lucascane

It’s good news.
    However I played DS PC with 360 controller well.

7. macronia

same with Erthazus and Dralen
    it was perfect but aiming and Turning was like running in heavy snow :D

8. loki

PC port fail anyway. Better make more quality game than PC port.
    And you don’t get my money for Mediocre Space 2, because PC port