Microsoft Kinect-ing with public – playable in stores

Friday, 25th June 2010 10:28 GMT By Joe Anderson

kinectbundle

Kinect is now playable in all four of Microsoft’s US retail stores.

Posting on Twitter, the Microsoft Store feed dropped the news.

Can’t wait to play Kinect? Try it at Microsoft Stores nationwide!”

The tweet also goes on to give a link, saying you can pre-order online should you not have a store in your area, which seems quite a strong possibility.

Microsoft Stores currently only exist in the US at Scottsdale, Mission Viejo, San Diego and Lone Tree.

Currently you are unable to order Kinect from the European online store.

Kinect is due for release in November.

1. StolenGlory

To get Kinect in the hearts and minds of Joe Consumer, they need to replicate this in other retail chains across the globe too.

2. daytripper

@1 just been to gamestation to pick up my war for cybertron copy and asked about this, in the uk around the time halo reach is launched there will be demo kiosks for people to try it.

3. StolenGlory

@2 Makes sense I guess. Cheers for the update.

4. daytripper

no problem

5. Gadzooks!

Announcing some decent software for it wouldnt hurt either. ;)

6. DarkElfa

Now you too can flail around like a tard in public.

7. frostquake

Considering that all the stores except for Best Buy in my Area have very Narrow Extreme Game Aisles, then this won’t work. LAWSUIT CENTRAL.

I know if I was shopping at Target or Walmart and walked down the Gaming Aisle and got kicked or punched in the face or body I would sue the Retailer for putting the Demo Product in a Narrow space!

So it will be interesting to see if they devote special areas that you can play Kinect, otherwise I wouldn’t expect to see it being demo’d on the regular Gaming Aisle that has the TV’s above the games on the actual Game Cases, because the Aisles are way to narrow for flailing around.