MDK2 coming to WiiWare, HD version hitting PC

Friday, 25th June 2010 21:39 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

MDK2

Interplay and Beamdog today announced MDK2 for WiiWare and MDK2 HD for PC.

Originally developed by Shiny Entertainment, MDK was released in 1997 by Interplay, with BioWare taking over development for the 2000 sequel that’s getting the WiiWare and HD treatment this winter.

MDK2 was released on Dreamcast and PC first before hitting PS2 as MDK2: Armageddon.

MDK2 HD will be released through Beamdog’s digital distribution platform.

Hell. Yes.

1. Erthazus

MDK2 HD on PC, Really? Thats bloody amazing.

Good old times.

2. endgame

well u can already buy them from gog.com, MDK 1 and 2 that is. they r not HD though.

3. spiderLAW

Steam has them already just not in HD. I loved MDK2 on dreamcast :)

4. walk_star

USD$7.49 for Steam’s ‘MDK Pack’ (MDK & MDK2): http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2096/

5. onlineatron

MDK was a massive part of my childhood.

Perhaps it shouldn’t have been at the age of 10, but my dad played it a lot.

6. Bulk Slash

I really enjoyed the first one (particularly on the PS1) but the sequel was really hard for some reason. I wonder if the difficulty will be re-jigged on the Wii?

7. Mafro

WiiWare size limit is 40MB, isn’t it? Compression ahoy!

8. lucascane

I must have it! Great News! I will get PC HD version.

9. SpartanNuke

LOL
    What does “MDK” stand for?
    Wikipedia says nobody is quite sure what it means :P

10. mington

murder death kill?

11. Demiath

A WiiWare MDK2 sounds like a decent idea but I’m not sure about the relevance of a PC rerelease. After all, MDK2 isn’t THAT old so I’m sure there’s some easy config tweaking which gives you higher, widescreeny resolutions for that game – thus making an “HD” rerelease rather redundant on the PC.

Not that “HD” as a concept even makes much sense on a computer anyway; it’s clearly a TV-specific term referencing a few very specific image settings (1280*720, 1080 etc.) whereas most PCs are capable of displaying a much wider range of both lower and higher resolutions.

12. RETARDED VIKING

But no fallout1 and 2 ports????????????????!!!!!!!!! *hint*hint*

13. Stephany Nunneley

Believe it or not, I am excited for the WiiWare version.

/hides behind her PC