Resident Evil Revelations gets 3DS trailer

Tuesday, 22nd June 2010 08:11 GMT By Joe Anderson

revelations

Resident Evil: Revelations has received its first trailer for 3DS. It’s like nothing seen before on a Nintendo handheld.

There isn’t too much given away in the trailer but it certainly looks a far cry from the graphics of the current DS.

The most exciting thing about the trailer is that Capcom says it’s from the real game, and not a tech demo.

Resident Evil Revelations was revealed last week as part of Nintendo’s E3 presentation.

1. Tomo

Wow. That looked gorgeous. Hopefully it’s the ingame engine and not just one for cutscenes?!

I seriously hope it’s a proper game too and not some side-scrolling knock-off with proper cutscenes, or an onrails shooter or something equally disappointing.

2. Phoenixblight

The 3DS is looking pretty sick with titles like this and The Ocarina of Time and Starfox reboot. Its looking pretty appetizing.

3. Blerk

I’m thinking that’s probably all cutscene, and probably pre-rendered at that.

But the hardware should be more than capable of making a very decent Resi. They’ve certainly already got the diabolical voiceovers down to a tee. :-D

That’s an interesting question, actually – how big are those 3DS carts going to be if we’re getting proper orchestral music and full voicework now?

4. Dannybuoy

I can’t see how that’s in-game. Cut scene. If you watch the demo video of the robot samurai that the chip producer has shown you’ll see the 3D architecture is capable but it has quite a few jaggies and textures are still quite low res. But I’m happy to be proved wrong! Why do Capcom make the eyes so shiny?? I think it ruins any realism they evoke. Eyes aren’t marbles…

5. pedrami91

I remember the 3DS cartridges being 2gb…….

6. Isuru86

Never ever this is IG Grpahic !

7. Bulk Slash

The retail price of an 8GB Micro SD card is about £10 now. So buying just memory chips in bulk at non-retail prices should be pretty economical.

Nintendo could offer DVD levels of storage (or greater if they pay more) without the slow loading times of a disc format!

That said, the 3DS is supposed to allow the installation of games to internal memory. I can’t see Nintendo equipping it with more than 32GB (the PSP Go has 16GB) so games will need to be around the 1.5GB mark like most PSP games I think.

8. Erthazus

“I’m thinking that’s probably all cutscene, and probably pre-rendered at that.”

It’s all in-game animations. Everything what you saw was a RE graphics. But yes, it’s a cut scene.

9. Monk

Hopefully to returns to the horrific days.

10. Gekidami

I bet this is the RE PSP game. No doubt its no longer happening on PSP.

11. Erthazus

@10 Happening. It’s still designed in mind with PSP and Sony said that RE is coming so we will know about this title at TGS.
    + Capcom is working with Sony about this PSP version.

12. absolutezero

aaaahhhhhh Hunk. I love you Hunk.

13. Dralen

I maybe a noob for asking this, but does anyone know the reason why Chris Redfield looks the same as he does in Resi 5( and voice) when Jill doesn’t (and voice is different)?

14. YoungZer0

People, don’t be fooled. Not even the Wii is capable of such graphics.

15. dtyk

it’s probably an in-engine cut scene
    unless Kojima really screwed up the grahpics on MGS 3d and the new kid icarus looks like complete trash (incomparion to this) then I doubt this is in-game

would be awesome if it is though

16. DaMan

@13 probably for the same reason she looks different in RE1 and 3?

17. Dralen

@16 Yeah, but Chris looks exactly the same as he did in RE5. Grrr I’m so confused.

18. Erthazus

I’m confused. So it’s not real 3DS graphics?

I’m really confused. Something tells me it’s real and if it is real, then it’s fucking awesome.
    If it is a cut scene… I don’t understand why they didn’t used CGI graphics from the start.

It’s a mystery.

19. manamana

realtime rendering using in-game engine And I cant remember on which site it was, but it was something like: wonderfully rendered and detailed characters, but lowres textures on the walls … I think it was on kotaku … plus a lorryload of salt on that.