Move’s Navigation controller can be skipped for DualShock

Friday, 18th June 2010 00:38 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

dualshock

Sony’s Anton Mikhailov has revealed that if you don’t want to bother with getting the Navigation controller to go along with Move – just use the DualShock you already own.

Speaking during an E3 presentation for Move, Mikhailov confirmed that the Navigation and DualShock controllers are actually interchangeable – which is good news for the more thrifty folks.

According to Joystiq, this method was also used at TGS last year to show the new motion controls of Resident Evil 5.

We don’t know how it will work for the less dexterous of us, but at least we know we have an option.

Move is out September 15 and 19 in the UK and US, respectively.

Thanks, DrDamn.

1. Erthazus

LOL :D So i have PS Eye and Navigator… i mean DS :D need Move and i’m in…. Well… 49 bucks….. Not much… Sorcery?

2. xino

wouldn’t it feel weird to hold a Move and controller?:/

3. The1stMJC

Looks like I have a use for my Sixaxis controller now. It light enough that it won’t bother me too much other than the fact it is bigger than the Navigation controller.

Still not sold on Move yet.

4. SadyFarah

This was a hell of a good news!
    Sony! Thanks for that!
    It´s nice to hear that I have the option to adapt a hardware that I already own to reach new experiences other that be forced to buy new ones.

I rather buy 2 Moves on lunch and tons of software than buy 2 moves and two navigation (a freaking stick!)

And then….in the future…how know upgrade to ONE navagation for me..

=)

5. theevilaires

I rather us the navi, but thanks for the option SONY.

6. Blerk

I can’t imagine the DS3′s very ergonomic to use one-handed while you’re also wielding a glowing dildo.

7. JonFE

@Erthazus:
    Last I heard, you were not sold on Move. What did change your mind?

8. DrDamn

I tried one out when it was first demoed early on. It’s obviously not as comfy as a navi but it’s workable. Better when also sat down – you have no need to swing a navi about, just a wand. It was a little easier stood up with an old non-rumble pad.