MGS: Rising may support motion controls, says producer

Friday, 18th June 2010 10:24 GMT By Johnny Cullen

mgs rising 2

You’d think Metal Gear Solid: Rising would seem suited for motion controls, yes? You may just get your wish.

“We are – yes — experimenting on both [Move and Kinect],” producer Shigenobu Matsuyama told IGN during a Q&A for the game.

It was insisted, however, that traditional controls were the main priority for the development team at Kojima Productions.

Awesome stuff.

The game got its coming out party this week in the form of a new trailer, first screens and first info. Awesome stuff.

No date yet, but it’ll release on PS3, 360 and PC.

1. CronuS

ok

2. sennasnit

Can’t see how it would work on Kinect though.

3. batcave

Cool

4. Erthazus

I understand this working with move and navi, but with kinect? I want to see that.

5. NGCes26294BIV

Kinect has 48-point skeletal mapping. I don’t see how hard it can be.

Hell, you could even hold a real sword and it could probably track that too.

6. Erthazus

@5 Except that how you will move with the Raiden character? You will run around your room like an idiot smashing all around?

Brilliant!

7. get2sammyb

This game is perfect for Move.

8. Dralen

I really hope this does end up getting move support.

9. ExclusivesMostly

@6: :) :) :)
    @7: couldn’t agree more :)

10. doa766

would be nice on Move, don’t know if I would prefer it to a regular controller but at least it would be fun to try it

of course, it can’t be done on Kinect, only the cutting would be possible but not the running, walking, shooting, using items, taking cover, sneaking, etc

Kinect is useless for real gaming

11. ivycrew707

Would move be able to keep up with the speed of a game like……say ninja gaiden…..most games i’ve looked at seemed to be at a slower pace…..if Raiden has to do any fast attacking will Move keep up…..

12. cookiejar

Would be brilliant with Move.

13. Amored

I wonder if this game could be a timed exclusive to Xbox or something like that. I haven’t heard any mention of it being on PS3 other than the logo at the end of the 2 trailers.

14. Erthazus

@13 Go watch Sony’s press conference.

15. theevilaires

I still have to watch it too :D and 13 if this game was times exclusive for 360 you would know by the XBOTS screaming all over the internet by now.

16. AHA-Lambda

@13 – yeah if this even timed exclusive MS would have sung it from the heavens and would have been really the only worthwhile thing at their ass-stain of a conference

17. Gadzooks!

Why is it that the PS3 attracts such retarded loud mouthed children to it?

I am truly ashamed to be owners of the same console as you idiots. Right the way back to the original famous ‘PSTriple’ video, mouthy little kids have been swaggering around with some kind of misplaced superiority complex insulting anyone whe dares not suck at the teat of Sony.

18. Amored

I’m not saying it is timed exclusive. I’m just saying it could be since nobody talks about it for the PS3. I don’t care, really. I just find it strange.

19. theevilaires

You should be ashamed of your denial and seek help.

20. Gadzooks!

You say the words but you dont even know what they mean.

21. Amored

@theevilaires – Yes, I’m ashamed of being in the same forum as you :(

22. The Hindle

When ever Tea or Erezhaus say a fanboy comment they get ridiculed, yet when its reversed like an example being a few week back on how some guys said Sony exclusives dont sell, when compared to one of the biggest launches of all time (Halo 3) they dont get ridiculed.

Thats a stupid fanboyish comment to make as well. It seems to make a anti Sony comment is acceptable yet to make a anti Microsoft comment is ok going off this.

23. The Hindle

Or another classic being how 360 exclusives such as Gears 2 or Halo 3 are on par graphcally with Uncharted 2 or KZ 2 just a stupid comment to make.

24. Amored

…said the obviously offended fanboy xD

25. The Hindle

Oh no im just pointing out the double standards of things.

26. Gadzooks!

Nobody has ever said Halo 3 looks as good as Killzone or UC2. Halo concentrates on other areas like open environments, AI and responsive controls.

Gears however does have visuals on par with those games.

The question is why does that bother you? Why do you get so upset when people express a preference for one game over another? Are you so insecure about your choices that you need to have them validated by everyone around you?

27. Gekidami

You could ask yourself the same question, trying to tell everyone that Gears looks as good as UC2 and KZ2 (going against pretty much everyone elses opinion, starting with the gaming media) is nothing more then you feeling insecure about your preferences.

28. The Hindle

erm no my friend there is such a thing as preference and consenus and speak to anyone who has played both Gears 2 and UC 2 and they will say they are far from on par. Nevermind the fact Gears 2 came out a year before UC 2 or the fact its well known UC 2 raised the bar graphically for console games.

29. theevilaires

Doesn’t matter Hindle, they will never except their denial. They like to attack me because the truth hurts them. If you notice not one of them can say the things I say are lies. They just try to twist everything to make whatever they want to say justifiable.

Gadzooks! you’re a clown who can’t except the truth. I would hate to be you. To live in your world where my brain refuses to accept what my eyes are showing me. SEEK HELP FAST before you over heat and RR2D :P

30. The Hindle

For the record im on about graphics here, gameplay wise that is pure opinion which is better personally i prefer Halo to KZ gameplay wise and UC to Gears gameplay.

31. DaMan

not all games are made equal, hence not all opinions are equal as well.

32. Amored

@The_Hindle – I understand that, but it’s true that Halo 3 has sold that much more than those games. So people aren’t fanboys just because they are pointing it out.
    About the graphics comments, I can agree with you a bit more. Although, Killzone 2 has more polished graphics than Halo 3, but Halo 3′s environment (including the sky and draw distance) is far better than Killzone 2′s. Good graphics are mostly based on preferences.

Some of my favorite games, visually, are Okami, Blue Dragon and Muramasa. Upcoming games that I find visually stunning are Kirby: Epic Yarn, Epic Mickey and Rayman.

33. loki

“but it’ll release on PS3, 360 and PC”
    PC’s NERDs still dreaming about PC port, but last trailer don’t think so