It has been a long time coming and now thanks to E3 we know a few more facts about Gran Turismo 5.
Gran Turismo 5 will feature more than 1000 licensed cars from the world’s top manufacturers and more than 20 tracks with more than 70 variations, including famous world circuits, city courses, and other environments.
The game will also feature real-time visual damage with adaptive and accurate car deformation based on point of impact and velocity.
One of the main additions is a brand new online and community mode which features the ability to go head to head against up to 16 players, although there are also other online modes which allow you to host private races with lobbies supporting up to 32 players per lobby.
Text and Voice chat will also be available online.
In addition to the above the game includes the following:
- Various professional race modes from around the world such as NASCAR, World Rally Championship, Super GT and more.
- Two-player split/screen mode.
- Career mode returns with a full world map, licensed car dealerships, tuning and body shops, and car washes. Start your car collection, customize them to your liking, and live the life of a pro racer.
- Compete in franchise mainstays like point-based Championship Race series and hone your skills with License Tests.
- Gran Turismo TV Video gives players access to an online clearinghouse of great motorsport video programming (both HD and SD – all broadcast quality) through PSN. Users can now export this content to the GT PSP Museum (GT PSP required).
- Photo Mode and Photo Album allows users to capture their greatest GT moments, and share with friends. Players can stage and capture stylish shots from a number of angles and locations.
- Photo Album can be shared online, and the Online Replay Album lets players capture replay video from their favorite races and upload them to YouTube for the world to see.
- Players can create custom soundtracks from music stored on their PS3s to play in-game.
- Players who own Gran Turismo PSP and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue can transfer cars unlocked in that game directly to their garage in Gran Turismo 5 for use in Arcade Mode through special cross-talk interoperability.
Gran Turismo 5 releases on November 2 in the US. We are still tracking down a EU date from Sony.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.