Sony: No plans for another PS3 pricecut or a new PSP

Wednesday, 16th June 2010 06:44 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

ps311

SCEE’s Andrew House has put his boot into rumors over a new PSP model, and a possible price-cut for PS3.

Speaking with VG247′s Nathan Grayson at E3, House said the company’s main focus right now is to support the systems it already has instead of making new ones.

“[We've got] no plans to discuss anything around next generation right now,” he said when asked about the PSP2 rumors.

“I think it’s important that we keep our focus on building great content for the great devices we have out now”.

Well, what about a price-cut then? No dice, apparently.

“I would say that we would have announced that today if we had plans to do so in the immediate future,” he said.

You can read our full interview with House through here.

1. manamana

So they go the PS2 way, with the PSP. Till the bitter end, that is. Or till a competitor launches something more powerfull, that’ll let the PSP look old. I really have hoped for a more powerful 3DS. Not that it isn’t on top of my wishlist, this year. *sigh*

2. Gekidami

Both a PS3 price cut and PSP2 next year, i bet. Sony cannot just surf the PSP now that the 3DS has been shown.

3. MrBambinoDent

I really hated Sony yesterday … what were they thinking to announce every single game they have before E3 then they just repeat everything again in E3 ??
    i waited for a PSP2 eagerly and prepared myself for an instant preorder but they failed me and I may have to think about 3DS although I don’t like it :(

4. Blerk

Why not just keep your money and be happy with what you have, man?

5. MrBambinoDent

@Blerk
    I think you’re right … I’ll keep my money coz i don’t like this 3Ds :)

6. cookiejar

Oh, so it happening then :)

7. SunKing

Yeah, those are some pretty avoidant answers House has given.

8. Gheritt White

PSP2 reveal at TGS… CONFIRMED!

9. Erthazus

I don’t know… I just saw price for the 3DS and the hardware that it has and games… I’m not excited for the 3DS.

More i start to know about the DS, less i want it.

Metal Gear: Snake Eater in 3D will be a PORT, not to mention that graphics looks worse then the PS2 version.

3DS price is 340$

PSP 2 can really shit the bricks if only they will have the same library as the 3DS and something better then 3D.

10. spiderLAW

where did you get $340 for the 3DS from?
    I thought no price has been announced or confirmed by Nintendo.

11. theevilaires

@8 of course with a spring launch. Now its all about Move. Thats why they are releasing it before TGS DUH guys. Use your brains.

Let as many people preorder and buy MOVE for Sept so that way they don’t hold back expecting the PSP2 this holiday.

Lets unveil it at TGS, kick M$ ass with anything they have holding for surprise, and let devs sell their holiday software for MOVE this up coming season without PSP2 getting in the way.

The last PSP launched in spring and so will its successor. Not Fall when most people will have to choose between it and the new designed XBOX360. Plus they just released PSPGO which would anger consumers who think every year a different PSP will come out now cause they go screwed.