Sony doesn’t think customers will be divided over PlayStationPlus

Wednesday, 16th June 2010 06:25 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

psplus

SCEE’s Andrew House has said that the company is not worried about dividing its consumer base between the haves and the have-nots when it comes to its new PlayStationPlus service.

Speaking in an interview with VG247, House said that people are used to paying for degrees of allegiance or involvement.

“I think that people are sort of used to models emerging particularly on the network whereby you pay for the degree of allegiance or involvement that you want. We’re offering this as an option,” he said.

“I think it was in response to having heard from consumers great happiness about the variety of online services that we have been launching – about what’s available on the network overall. But there was also a voice that thirsted for more.

“They wanted more – to be part of a club that gets more and gets more on the network. So for that more involved consumer that wants to be more involved on the network, we made PlayStation+ available, and said, ‘There’s a price point associated’”.

Sony formally took the wraps off of its new premium service package PlayStationPlus today, and you can get more details on it here – along with hope for the long awaited cross-game chat.

1. MrBambinoDent

I think they didn’t offer enough to make everyone pay for PSN+

2. xokero

Todo sobre Playstation PLUS http://www.clandragonrojo.es/todo-sobre-playstation-plus

3. frostquake

Qore is horrible and I have been subscribing since day one, will not renew this year…and most of the games they are showing and themes and such that they are giving away I already have….Now if you get a FIXED store discount on all future purchases as long as you are a member I might look at this but not right now!

4. WizardWeb

I’m guessing that in the UK, FirstPlay will be offered instead of Qore. But as that doesn’t offer me anything I can’t get from the net – or contentedly live without, I’m fine with missing out on that.

As for the other bits n bob’s, the bit that killed Plus for me was that the free or exclusive content is only available for as long as you subscribe to the service.

Mind you, I did like the promise of being able to demo PSN games for an hour as if you bought them. Often I’d buy a PSN game and within an hour regret it because it was poor. So in the long run it might save me money !

5. xino

it’s true, they are not offering more to make people pay!
    WTF happened to the 3 optional choices list?
    that leaked image of PSN Premium has tons of offers!