Rumor: Cross Game Chat coming with PlayStation Plus

Wednesday, 16th June 2010 00:21 GMT By Joe Anderson

playstationlplus

The Danish site for PlayStation.com is listing Cross Game Chat as one of the features listed for subscribing as a member to the new service.

We have taken a translated screen grab and it is quite clear in what it says.

Obviously since the US and UK site do not list this we are classing it as a rumour, but it was there, and the site has now pulled the information from the web.

Here’s the pic we grabbed before Sony removed the sentence from all the sites displaying it.

We’ve mailed Sony for comment.

Thanks, monty12345.

1. DJ Deathstar

Being able to do something Live has done for 2 years is hardly a megaton though is it really

2. Psychotext

Making that subscription only would be a dick thing to do. Ok that you’d be able to use it with non subscribed members though.

3. Yoshi

I thought they said when PSN+ was announced that cross game chat wouldn’t be included in it. Plus don’t you think they would have said that at the press conference when talking about PSN+.

4. Komond_Deckard

It appear too in the Spanish site, but was removed soon. It was in English by the way, when the rest of the page was in perfect Spanish, but not that sentence.

I tried to go back to screencapture it when I saw it was removed once I refresh, but was late, as going back refresh too so there was no way to catch it again. I wouldn’t have thought they were going to delete it, and specially, so soon.

5. Joe Anderson

@1 @2 @3 It does seem odd they would out it in there. It should deffo be considered a rumour for now though.

6. Komond_Deckard

Wish I’ve captured it, then right now we would have to different country pages with the same information… sh!t.

What I can say is in the Playstation EU blog, there’s more people that has said it appeared in some countries, before it was deleted. Doesn’t seem they have screencapture it anyway.

7. monty12345

Captured from the dutch playstation.com before they took it off.

I’d say they’ve removed it from the service because their gonna add it to the psn with the new update, that’s my guess anyway.

8. cookiejar

@7 Yeah, I always thought this would be a standard feature for all rolled out in the next update. We’ll soon see.

9. Yoshi

@7 Obviously b/s and fake why would they have it all in dutch then that on sentence in english.

10. monty12345

@9 i donno, but it’s definitely not fake. I’m alot of things but i am not a liar.

11. Spaced Oddity

Could be a slip or mistake. I do remember at least one (thought 2) representatives saying the feature would not be held back for the premium service due to the alienating the fanbase. Either way, feature isn’t going to make me join the premium status. People can read my text. lol

12. PEYJ

Dutch??? It’s in Danish!

Anyways, it has to be fake (it’d better be) as the price mentioned is epuivalent of 300 dollars or 200 pounds. And that’s a little off the 50 dollars a year that Jack Tretton mentioned…

13. Macrike

It was also on the Spanish version of the site, but they took it off.

Seems like it was originally going to be released for Plus user but they changed their mind on the last minute.

14. Galactic_Barret

Man, F CGC. I’ve always stood by the philosophy that gamers should be beaten, not heard.

Keep it PSN+; If you really want this feature, pay for it. I don’t want to hear the unwashed masses, friendlist included; Save that ish for XBL.

Cussing and carrying on. Definitely don’t need that. Focus on YOUR game, dammit.

15. Spaced Oddity

I have an idea, Galactic_Barret: Don’t use it. Oh my God! Problem solved! Let the people who do want to use it, use it. Logic shouldn’t need to be explained these days, but it seems to be necessary all the time.

16. Yoshi

@10 Ohh no i didnt mean to say you were fake, i was just meaning whoever put that on that site is most likely bullshiting and its gotta be fake.

17. Hybridpsycho

Has to be fake, noway it can cost 1800DKK a year…that would be about 200 Euro so…no.

EDIT: My mistake, it doesn’t say it’s gonna cost 1800DKK a year…but you’ll get access to stuff worth about 1800DKK a year.

18. monty12345

@16 oh lol, my mistake. Yeah i guess it’s gotta be part of an upcoming patch, i don’t think Sony would segregate their audience like that.