Amazon UK and Play taking Move pre-orders

Wednesday, 16th June 2010 14:53 GMT By Joe Anderson

move

Two of the UK’s biggest retailers started taking pre-orders today for PlayStation Move, which is set for release in Europe on September 15.

Play is listing the PS Move itself for £39.99, while the Navigation controller is listed at £29.99. The starter pack bundle meanwhile is listed for £49.99 which seems a really good price, considering it includes a Move controller, starter disk and the PlayStation Eye.

Amazon are also listing the same products, although it has went £1 cheaper on Move and the Navigation controller, while it lists the Starter pack at £59.99.

Sony are creating other bundles, one of which includes the PS Eye, PS Move and the Navigation controller.

Move’s out in the US on September 19.

More through the links.

1. onlineatron

Create a bundle with the sub controller and game for £70 and you have my money Sony.

2. AHA-Lambda

hmmm so far a camera, a sub controller and 2 move controllers it’ll be £130? Ehh….no thanks =/

not that i’m that interested in this anyway so meh

3. mington

i like the idea of the dead space 2 / extraction thingy ,and replaying heavy rain, but there’s just no real incentive to buy one….and i doubt there ever will be

4. alimokrane

I dont understand Sony, You will need ALL 3 if you want to play games using Move. They should have announced the bundle that contains all 3 first and then followed it with the individual pricing of each.

5. Yoshi

Kinda off topic but i just remembered Sony didn’t even show Agent FFS :(

6. mington

i loved the pricing bit in the conference

the price is $49.99 \o/ crowd goes wild

for half of it! lolz

7. Psychotext

Said in the other thread, but I’ll be waiting for a price drop. A lot of the games need two wands per player, and I’ll want at least two players worth… so that’s £150+ straight off, or £135 if I swapped wands for nunchucks.

Blech.

8. Joe Anderson

Guys the value pack include the camera and controller.

The sub controller / move and camera will also be in a pack for $99.99 which is about £70.

Thats quite good value. :)

9. Gheritt White

@7: Knowing Sony, you could be looking at a 12 month wait before there’s even a hint of a price drop.

10. theevilaires

All of that Joe for $99.99 isn’t bad at all. Like I said I’m buying two. I have three PS3′s already so 3 PS eyes will come in handy too I guess :D

11. Psychotext

That entirely depends how well this stuff sells. Look at the PS3 for instance.

12. get2sammyb

@6 – Which is how they’re going to market it. “PlayStation Move (from) $49.99!” It’s kinda genius, because Microsoft might not have that luxury. I’m sold on all this stuff. Put my preorders in earlier. 1 x Starter Kit, 1 x Move, 1 x Navi. Brilliant.

13. DrDamn

I doubt there will be a price drop, but there may be better deals/pack-ins or better reductions on the RRP.

I have a camera so I’ll want a couple of wands and a sub.

14. Joe Anderson

@10 yeah I have two PS3′s and Two PS eyes so I’m gonna need to work out what’s best value. :)

15. Blerk

Pricey.

16. NGCes26294BIV

How much is that for a family of 4 then?

Fucking expensive, is the answer.

17. spiderLAW

yeah, its a lot of money to buy at all once. I would consider this a Christmas gift/Birthday option for people with kids.
    As for me, there are only 4 of us (Me, Wifee, Bro and Sis) that i need to worry about.
    I will probably first just buy the starter kit and an additional Move+Navi setup.
    From what i saw at E3, most games that require 2 Move controllers, 1 of those controllers can be replaced with the Navi attachment. Maybe im wrong though.

18. theevilaires

@14 yea I hear you. I would hate to have extra add-ons I didn’t need around the house too.

19. DrDamn

You would never need more than 4 controllers + 2 navis. It won’t support 4 + 4 – it doesn’t really need to. 4 player would be with 4 controllers. 2 player would be with 2 x 2 controllers or 2 x (controller + navi).

Pick up your basics to start you off and expand as you find you need/want to with pack ins and deals.

20. NiceFellow

They need a bundle for the controller with a sub-controller for people with an Eyetoy already.

Also, I think they’re giving way to many options here which could well hurt games design as the potential audience, if you go beyond a single controller, could be small.

They thing about Wii is that everyone has at least the ‘mote plus the nunchuck.

Given it doesn’t apparently have any motion sensing elements the nunchuck (sorry sub-controller) cost seems way too steep.

Those prices seem steep compared to the Wiimote/nunchuck pricing.

The controller plus a sub should be 39.99 I’d say.

21. xino

fark this man, too expensive!

I’ll buy the bundle used!

as long as someone doesn’t jizz on the controller, or someone inserts it into their…