Sony launch PlayStationPlus website

Tuesday, 15th June 2010 23:35 GMT By Joe Anderson

playstationlplus

Sony has launched a new web portal for PlayStation Plus giving users all the information they need to decide if the service is for them.

The website describes PlayStation Plus as giving you premium and exclusive features, including games and content worth at least £200 a year, member only PSN features and more.

The main features are described as follows:

• Games: Enjoy loads of PlayStation Network games, minis and PS one classics plus premium avatars and dynamic themes, all worth at least £200 a year. You’ll also get exclusive PlayStation Store discounts and early access to demos and beta trials. Content is updated every month on PlayStation Store, so there will always be something new to enjoy.
  • Full Game Trial: Try before you buy with a one-hour trial of selected PlayStation Network titles and Blu-ray Disc releases.
  • Automatic Download:Receive the latest PS3 system software updates, all your game updates and even game demos without lifting a finger.

You can get all the details over at PlayStationPlus.com.

1. Robo_1

Holy shit Joe, you must be knackered mate. The text formatting is messed up and the url links to god knows where! Time for a coffee and a danish :)

Edit: All fixed :)

2. cookiejar

It says Join up today, yet no link to do so.

3. daytripper

wary of this as it doesnt seem to improve the online gaming experience. kudos to them for keeping psn free though!

4. Stephany Nunneley

It’s been fixed.

5. Joe Anderson

@1 yeah sorry mate, hit publish by mistake hehe.

6. monty12345

check out the email i sent in, its showing cross-game chat as a feature on some european playstation sites..

like http://nl.playstation.com/playstationplus/

EDIT: it seems they’ve taken it off the websites but i took images of it.

images i took earlier,

7. XboXMormor

Any exact date for this? I’m atleast gonna try it out.

8. onlineatron

I’m interested enough to pay for a 3 month sub.

9. Halo Jones

Release date is the 29th June. It says so on that page.

10. El_MUERkO

I can image Pat frothing at the mouth from an ever worsening caffeine overdose screaming “More!!! MORREEE GAMING NNEWWSSS!!!” in the horse croak of ageing market stall owner.

His fingers cracking, his macbook stained pink with vital fluids as they ooze through his cracked and broken nails, “Dammit!! We need TOTAL COVERAGE!!!”.

11. XboXMormor

@9 Oh, ok thanks. Was to tired to read :P

12. xxhouse

oh no. this is 4 idiots

13. Stephany Nunneley

@10 – :D

14. Monk

Sorry to disturbing Joe, but because I don`t understand what the hell is going on ??

according to this website

I can buy PSN+ for one year for 50$, and you write that I must buy
    PSN+ for 200 euro / year ?, so can you tell me who`s that : ) ?

15. Erthazus

@14 Jesus… You subscire for 50$ and all stuff that you have for 50$ for a year is WORTH 200 euro/US.

16. revolting

I’m interested in this for the free (well, as free as the price of subscription) full game trial thing, but the other features seem fairly pointless to me. “Free trials” and “PS Store discounts” are all a bit ambiguous when your paying £39.99 a year up front for them.

I’m not totally against the concept of this, but they need to add more (and genuinely useful) features to justify the price. Plus I really don’t want LBP for PSP, thanks, whether it’s “free” or not.

17. DrDamn

Interesting side note …

Release date: 29 June 2010 Minimum System Software: 3.40

So incoming System update then.

18. Monk

@ 15

thanks, I just misread the article :) .

19. DrDamn

Where is LBP PSP mentioned?

20. revolting

@19 on the site linked to in comment 14.

“In addition to the free games, full game trials, and the automatic downloads, those of you who subscribe before August 3rd will also receive a free downloadable copy of LittleBigPlanet PSP.”

I have no idea how reliable that is, as I haven’t seen it mentioned on any other site, and certainly not the official ones. But either way, I still don’t want it. :)