Microsoft announces Summer of Arcade titles

Tuesday, 15th June 2010 00:28 GMT By Joe Anderson

lara

Xbox has revealed that it will be releasing five titles as part of its Summer of Arcade promotion, including the highly anticipated Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

For the past three summers, Microsoft has released selected arcade titles  for five weeks in a row, and this year is no different with Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Hydro Thunder Hurricane, Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Light and Monday Night Combat  – all due for release starting this July.

You can check out a montage of all the games below.

After all who doesn’t love a montage.

1. Robo_1

That would have lightened up their press conference nicely. Hydro Thunder looks all shades of win.

2. DaMan

hmm, well out of that list I only want Guardian of Light.

3. onlineatron

Limbo, Guardian of Light and Harmony of Despair look interesting.

I have no idea what ‘Monday Night Combat’ is.

4. daytripper

@3 its like smash tv years ago but a bit more snazzed up.

5. onlineatron

Sounds good.

6. daytripper

some footage here, i think it looks a bit pooish but i’ve been wrong thousands of times before

7. DJ Deathstar

Its Smash TV by way of Team Fortress 2 and it looks pretty cool will prob end up buying majority of them, been following Limbo for years and MNC since it was announced in Jan.

More Castlevania = Win

and both Lara Croft and Hydro Thunder shaping up well too!

8. Spaced Oddity

@daytripper #6
    I rather respect your humility in that statement.

On Topic:
    I can’t see the video on my PS3 browser, but if Castlevania turns out like Symphony of the Night or any of the GBA titles, it’s most definitely worth the money.

9. Blerk

Limbo looks great, Lara might be okay, jury’s out on Castlevania until I have more details. Hydro Thunder’s probably not bad if that’s your thing, but what the hell is that other thing? It looked shit! :-D

10. DJ Deathstar

Trailer of both Summer of Arcade and other titles coming to xbla

11. OlderGamer

I am more excited about these games then anything I saw from anywhere else so far at E3(‘cept that diablo style rpg due out on PS3).