MGS 3DS title is Snake Eater in 3D

Tuesday, 15th June 2010 19:37 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Snake eater 3d

The final piece of Kojima Productions E3 website that was spotted earlier has just updated, showing us the final part of the puzzle: Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater for 3DS.

The game, announced earlier during the Nintendo press conference, seems to be a fully fledging remake of MGS3 for PS2 on 3DS, by the looks of it.

There’s some shots of Naked Snake and The Boss fighting as well, plus more.

We want this now. Where’s a time machine when you need it?

Expect more details to drop tomorrow during the Konami press conference, but what is known is that Kojima himself will be directing the project.

It’ll be on the E3 showfloor at the LACC to let people play.

1. Tallon 4

Hotdamn! Driven to tears

2. themadjock

Holy Shit this is fantastic. I am playing the amazing Paece Walker on PSP at the moment and MGS 4 was spectacular. Apart from that I hadn’t played any previous MGS titles. I may have to get a 3DS just for this….

3. Johnny Cullen

Best. News. Ever.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is easily in my top two favourite games ever.

4. AHA-Lambda

“This is amazing. Kojima’s just topped his own Zone of the Enders 3 announcement without actually having an announcement to give.”

As cool as this no it’s not *slaps*

DO NOT BETRAY THE CAUSE JOHNNY!

5. zoopdeloop

Nice… :) my second most favorite of the whole franchise.

6. Freek

A port of an old game, a good game yes, but not as nice as having a new one.

7. Moonwalker1982

Exactly, i love Snake Eater. I finished it on PS2 several times, but i would have wanted a brand new MGS.

8. DaMan

such a disappointment. and the first two ones were so much better. oh well, I wouldn’t buy any MGS rehash anyway.

9. Bulk Slash

Ah, now we know what that question mark and sickle logo is from! The graphics look pretty damn good, maybe a little bit more powerful than the current PSP? Hard to tell from the size of the screenshots.

10. theevilaires

FUCKING SOLD! IM GETTING A 3DS BITCHES!

11. zoopdeloop

hope they don’t screw it like they did with Twin Snakes…(casting,dialogues and all)
    Gray Fox sounded so much better in the original MGS.

12. manamana

Hot piece of snakecake aside, graphics wise it could have done more, than a nearly six years old psp. I’ll buy it anyhow, for gods snake.

13. GwynbleiddiuM

just when I had plans to update my fat-butt ps3 to a nice sexy slim one, Kojima comes and out of thee blue hits me in the head with a sledgehammer. Thanks to Kojima-san I have to get a 3DS now. :|

Kojima-san why have thou forsaken me? :(