Zelda Informer has posted a rumor that it believes contains 99.99 percent accuracy on what to expect from the new Zelda game once it is revealed.
Citing a German source, the site claims that the game has the following:
- Zelda Wii’s official title is “The Legend of Zelda” – there is no subtitle.
- The story is set several hundred years before Ocarina of Time and reveals how the Mastersword was created.
- The fairy-like girl, Zordiana, plays an important character in the game.
- The Hookshot has new abilities and will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed, and you can swing with it, like with the Grappling Hook from Wind Waker. The hookshot does not make use of Wii Motion Plus.
- Sometimes you have to “draw” a symbol on a door with your sword to open it.
- The Bow-Control is very similar to the Bow-Control in Wii Sports Resort.
- “There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma put it through. Miyamoto didn’t want to include it.The Normal-Mode for amateurs. The Hero-Mode has no “Super Guide” included and the enemies tougher”.
- The On-Stage Dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn’t a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be Dungeons with no Bosses and Bosses with no Dungeon. The “Dungeon” you are able to play at E3 will be an Ice-Level. It will be the first “Dungeon” in the Game.
All sounds rather interesting, but take it with a grain of salt for the time being.
Nintendo’s press conference is first on deck tomorrow morning, and Reggie has said in the past that the new Zelda game will be detailed a bit more.
We sure as hell hope so.