Rumor: Zelda Wii details out of Germany

Monday, 14th June 2010 16:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

link

Zelda Informer has posted a rumor that it believes contains 99.99 percent accuracy on what to expect from the new Zelda game once it is revealed.

Citing a German source, the site claims that the game has the following:

• Zelda Wii’s official title is “The Legend of Zelda” – there is no subtitle.
  • The story is set  several hundred years before Ocarina of Time and reveals how the Mastersword was created.
  • The fairy-like girl, Zordiana, plays an important character in the game.
  • The Hookshot has new abilities and will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed, and you can swing with it, like with the Grappling Hook from Wind Waker. The hookshot does not make use of Wii Motion Plus.
  • Sometimes you have to “draw” a symbol on a door with your sword to open it.
  • The Bow-Control is very similar to the Bow-Control in Wii Sports Resort.
  • “There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma put it through. Miyamoto didn’t want to include it.The Normal-Mode for amateurs. The Hero-Mode has no “Super Guide” included and the enemies tougher”.
  • The On-Stage Dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn’t a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be Dungeons with no Bosses and Bosses with no Dungeon. The “Dungeon” you are able to play at E3 will be an Ice-Level. It will be the first “Dungeon” in the Game.

All sounds rather interesting, but take it with a grain of salt for the time being.

Nintendo’s press conference is first on deck tomorrow morning, and Reggie has said in the past that the new Zelda game will be detailed a bit more.

We sure as hell hope so.

1. Gekidami

No subtitle? I find that hard to believe.

2. Raining_Upwards

The Nintendo fan locked deep inside of me from 1998, is really looking forward to this being demonstrated at E3.

3. Blerk

Open-world Zelda would be pretty great. Could they actually defy my expectations and produce something that I like the look of?

Hint: Make it look like Wind Waker or I’ll be cross.

4. Erthazus

Huge mistake. Miyamoto is right. It’s not because someone wants to dumb it down for casuals, it’s just that guide is a cheat and someone who playing with hardcore mode can just switch to that guide and know what to do.

Magic behind Zelda was that it is hard to finish the dungeon and take all hearts and coins. You need to use your brain and imagination.

But here, it’s just a cheat. I understand this decision with Mario games, but with Zelda? thats a big mistake. I can say even more: It’s a huge mistake.

5. Moonwalker1982

Guide in Mario? Could you explain to me what you mean? :)

6. Erthazus

“Super Guide” in NSMBW

7. onlineatron

@Blerk

So it’s not cutesy you hate… just RARE cutesy.

I agree though, Wind Waker was my favourite Zelda.

8. Moonwalker1982

Aaah right, i thought you meant Galaxy.

As for Zelda, i hope it’s alittle dark and NOT cell-shaded. Man i can’t wait to see how this one looks.

9. Blerk

I have absolutely nothing against cutesy when done right, which Wind Waker absolutely did… do…

That sentence sort of got away from me.

10. Bulk Slash

Wind Waker was excellent aside from the tedious sailing and the fetch quest used to hide the lack of dungeons at the end.

I’m amazed Nintendo have resisted the urge to do a “New Play Control” version of Wind Waker considering they’ve been doing Wind Waker-style games on the DS.

11. Blerk

Careful, talking about stylus-controlled Zelda is liable to send me into a rage again. They completely ruined those games for me, the bastards. :-(

12. Telepathic.Geometry