Microsoft’s E3 press conference/Project Natal Experience – everything in one place

Monday, 14th June 2010 21:00 GMT By Johnny Cullen

xbox360logo31

And that was that. Kinect was center stage tonight, but it was 360 Slim that stole the show. Revealed, with retailers this week, shipping today. Oh, and journalists who attended the conference will also get one.

What else was there? Hit the break

We had stonking megatons beforehand like an exclusive deal with Crytek, a three-year deal on a head start on all DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops, plus show-stopping performances from Metal Gear Solid: Rising, Halo: Reach and Gears of War 3.

Before tonight, we also had the Project Natal Experience. And that is now, of course, known as Kinect, which will launch on November 4 with 15 launch tiles.

We’ve split it into two segments. One from the Natal experience, the other the press conference. The ones in bolded are the important ones.

• Project Natal Experience:
  • Main E3 press conference

1. Erthazus

This is super bad. This is the most lamest press conference i ever seen in my life. *Except MGS: Rising Trailer*

After that Press conference i don’t expect Sony to announce something except some sports games and other piece of TRASH.

2. Blerk

You don’t remember the Nintendo ones from the last few years, Erthazus? :-D

3. Anders

Well, Sonys lineup is looking a little more impressive. Even without any potential new announcements.

4. The1stMJC

One of the worst press events I have seen. Oh and Microsoft good job watching your backs by giving the “journalists” a free 360 that should make them all unbiased on the event.

5. No_PUDding

I hope there’s more announcements, but I feel it’d be stupid to expect that.

And as I said, MS’s was pretty cool with the Crytek, and Rising things.

I guess we have to assume that all console manufcturers will be equally casual this year, with Nintendo trying t recapture the hardcore, and Sony pulling somethign equally casual.

6. Erthazus

@2 Remember, but this is just bollocks… I mean, for them to do THIS is just absolutely phenomenon. Maybe i expected much from them, because they always do something better every year.

I don’t have any words at all.

I mean what was all about? Why they need to come to E3? ESPN and other piece of multimedia shit. Why you need this?

I have no common.

7. AHA-Lambda

Don’t tell me E3 will slip into the dark days of 2 years ago again :(

please let ms be the only major fail!

8. fearmonkey

I agree that this was one of the worst MS E3′s that I can remember. They spent so much time on casual gaming it was sad.
    I wanted to see some cool features for the hardcore gamer, something with HALO:Reach, GOW3, or something new. Instead, it was Raft game, Sports game, Kart game, Dance game, Fitness game, all types of games that Nintendo has already had for years.
    They briefly touched on some ideas with the Forza car demo, but kinetic could be so much more.
    One exclusive from crytek, no idea on what kind of gameplay it has.

I hope Sony and Nintendo destroys MS’s conference, as this was very disappointing, at least to me.

9. OlderGamer

Just for the record I love the espn to LIVE thing. That has some legs and potential if ya ask me.

As for their presser, pretty much as expected. Natal natal natal, err Kinect.

I hope Sony has a better round of it. But I don’t expect much there either. Theirs will be all about Move, and what features are included in PSN+.

Look, we are late in this gens life cicle, and it could be that this gen will extend longer then ones in the past. That means to me that we shouldn’t be holding our breaths for any world altering tidbits.

We are just going to be getting sequels and MeToos from here on out. And motion control filled casual games.

Maybe this is all a good thing, I don’t know. Maybe things can focus on making better games. Just stop expecting the world to shake over a game presser. They are all hyp anyways, and unless your freakishly into motion controls, there is little to see.

10. theevilaires

All in all it was an ok presentation. I love this time of the year (its my favorite Holiday :D ) E3 4life! :P

11. 52pickup

Gamestop price for Natal and 360 bundles

12. AHA-Lambda

what? $100 extra with a bundle?

that means sperately must be more than that O_O

13. SniperWolf

like my friend on neoGaf said
    Sony pre E3 conference >>>>>> Microsoft E3 conference

14. Withnail

Thought they would announce at least one core game for this year. The number of exclusives they have for this Christmas is piss poor.

15. AHA-Lambda

i hope reach flops to teach them a lesson

16. spiderLAW

@AHA-Lambda

I agree with you entirely, unless this game comes out and it is actually worth the hype. Its 50/50 for me right now. As far as i can tell, Reach will be a $30 purchase for me, even if i have to wait 2yrs for it to get that low. The Beta was horrible.

17. reask

I agree with TEA,s comment.

18. xmaster dosx

@15 reach wont flop gears3 will do ok, and fable 3…… and everything at this was just a BIG WASTE OF MY TIME i love my xbox but really hate MS right now

19. AHA-Lambda

@16 – exactly. I was thoroughly disappointed by the beta after they promised such drastic changes and it stil was the exact same and I know i’m not the only one. Even some journos on shows i’ve seen have said the same.

I’m wondering if the love affair is finally over?

hell it deserves to be ODST was a travesty -_-

20. reask

Well I enjoyed the beta.
    I mean don’t buy it if you don’t like.
    What a complaint to be spoiled for choice.
    Or just spoiled. duh.

21. The Hindle

The reason im pissed at Microsoft is they announced no new games for the hardcore whilst how many have Sony announced lately? I really dont see how that was an ok conference

22. MushroomStamp

WoW, lotta haters in here! Especially, considering the other 2 haven’t given their conference yet. Personally I thought it was good. I LOVED the Gears 3 trailer and Reach looks to be the first Halo that I actually get juiced over. Some of you would find reason to hate no matter what. But whatever your guys loss. I’ll play great games no matter what system they are on while you whiney little children suck on the teet of your Console Maker.

23. AHA-Lambda

$150 with $60 games??

24. JimFear666

the MS press conference was borring as hell … Im sure that nintendo can actually do worst with the shitty game and shovelware they have on the wii but im not sure Sony can go as low as microsoft did…

25. The Hindle

Halo reach looks awesome, as does Gears 3 the rest of it seriously how was that ok.

26. spiderLAW

I’m glad you enjoyed the Beta. I didnt though. The reason i didnt is like Lambda said. After all that had been promised, nothing had been delivered. It was a mixture of Halo 3 and ODST gameplay and i had expected it to outshine both games, what with all the claims from Bungie of Reach being “THE ULTIMATE HALO!!! MUAHAHAHA!!!”
    After playing the Beta, i still felt that Halo 3 was a more enjoyable experience in the multiplayer aspect. Like i said above: If it comes out and is really good (improves greatly over the beta) then i will buy it on launch week. If it hasn’t improved I will still buy it, just not at full price.

I dont think anyone here has said anything about the others (Sony, Nintendo)having a better conference. Most of what i have read in the comments is people “HOPING” that the other conferences will be better. Microsoft didnt show anything new to us besides Kinect and Metal Gear Solid Rising. A couple of games for kinect and the name change from Natal to Kinect was really all they had shown for Kinect too which was nothing to be excited over. The whole conference was just OK at best. Maybe we were all too excited that E3 was finally here and that made us expect too much. I could admit to that for sure.

27. reask

But TH there focus was on konict.
    I would have really liked more games as well but they and Sony want this Wii market unfortunately.

28. AHA-Lambda

i’ll rent halo reach n that’ll be it. My brother aint interested either actually.

He thought kinectimals was bloody hilarious btw XD

PS what a stupid name (and spelling) for a game O_o

29. reask

@ 26
    Slim?

30. manamana

@22 +1
    All that bitchin’ everywhere on everything. And while they are discussing and commenting, I switch one of my consoles on and relax for a while.

31. spiderLAW

Again nothing new. Everyone knew the slim was coming. most gamers (which are the people that comment on these sites) are really not that interested UNLESS they are 1) Die Hard Xbox fans/fanboys or 2) People who needed a reason to buy another 360 after their original 360s died from hardware failure and in this case, if there isnt any imprvement over failure rate, it will not be anymore of a reason to pick one up than before.

32. JonFE

Seriously guys, we already suspected that this year Microsoft’s focus would be Natal, sorry Kinect (honestly I preferred Natal), just as I expect Move to be Sony’s focus…

On top of that we had new Halo: Reach footage (showing space combat for the very first time), a new Forza (which almost threatens to appear before GT5), confirmation for an expected x360 slim arriving unexpectedly soon, Crytek’s “exclusive” (with the obligatory for this generation quote marks) game, some Gears of War 3 and MGS Rising footage, Fable III release date and CoD DLC’s time exclusive deal (which could be big for US audience).

I guess you want the moon on a stick.

:?

33. Gekidami

Whilst its true that everyone saw their show being mainly about Kinect, people were still hoping to see its core potential be shown. Also atleast more then one new game get announced.

34. JonFE

Gekidami, it seems to me that hardcore gamers have already made up their minds and ditched Natal (I don’t blame them; horses for courses and all that jazz), so anything related to it would be slashed to pieces.

As for a new game, sure it would be nice, but with MS placing most their eggs in Natal’s basket, the only crucial announcement (to me at least) they did not make is Natal’s price (which, if the rumours are true, is way too high for the untested device to succeed).

However, I feel that the upcoming games for the next 9 to 12 months (exclusive or not) are more than enough…

35. MushroomStamp

@32 +1 , I totally agree there is no pleasing the haters no matter what. Maybe THEY are the problem and should set their expectations accordingly.

36. DJ Deathstar

Haven’t seen it mentioned on here so here you go, Summer of Arcade 2010 to include the rumoured new Castlevania!!!

Can’t Wait!

37. JonFE

DJ, does that list hold any water? Because I don’t think the new Lara Croft game could actually be in it and still appear on PSN as well…

38. g00nerz

I actually thought that Mattrick was much less of a giant smarmy cunt than usual. That’s a plus for me.

39. DJ Deathstar

@JonFE

Why not last years Summer of Arcade had Marvel vs Capcom 2 in it same week as its PSN release and Turtles released later on PSN

40. JonFE

@DJ, you are right; I didn’t think of MvsC2, so it could be legit.

41. sg1974

Games are CRAP Wii clones, but the tech is AWESOME. Its early days they should be able to come up with better games once the tech is etsblished.

42. Soong

Tonight we witnessed the death of gaming. It’s all bullshit gimmicky motion controls and fitness games from now on. Blame Nintendo.

43. adam-a

Iam an iranian please help to find a free apb download demo
    Ican`t write the english well my e-mail is; ahasdf74@gmail.com
    I NEED HELP ILOVE APB ALL THING ABOUT APB

44. adam-a

I NEED A DEMO OF APB PLEASE HELP ME ;GIVE ME AN SAIT ADDRES
    TO FREE DOWNLOAD DEMO OF APB MY INTERNET SPEED IS VERY SLOW AND LOW SO I CANT SEARRCH FOR IT YOU CAN SEND ME A LINK ABOUT FREE DOWNLOAD DEMO OF APB AND HELP ME PLEASE MY E-MAIL IS;
    ahasdf74@gmail.com