Crytek joins MS Partners to develop 360-exclusive

Monday, 14th June 2010 18:59 GMT By Johnny Cullen

cryteklogoa

M-M-M-MEGATON!

Phil Spencer’s just announced that Crysis developer Crytek has joined MS Partners to develop a 360-exclusive called Kingdoms.

A trailer for the game was shown.

The trademark for it was filed last year in April, and a tech demo featuring a medieval game was shown at GDC in 2009 as well.

So, this looks to be it. The video, was short, but sweet. Hopefully we will know more soon.

1. ExclusivesMostly

…This is big!

2. fdelfino

Jesus, even crytek developing console-exclusive titles? That leaves us PC gamers with who, Valve?

We’re fucked…

3. Old MacDonald

Sad to hear this.

4. BULArmy

Here goes the hope that Crysis 2 will be good…
    Shame Crytek, shame that you sold your soul for M$ money…

5. endgame

@2 u know ps3 guys won’t get it either. stop complaining and think about the whole picture

6. No_PUDding

PS3 and PC will get it.

In the same way 360 will get Agent. In the same way ‘exclusive title X’ will almost always come to another platform later on.

If MS Partners is anythign like EA Partners, then Crytek will retain rights to it.

7. Gadzooks!

Did you miss or not understand the word ‘exclusive’?

8. LordCancer

shame on all the pc users who pirated crysis. at one point crytec said there were more pirated copies of the game being played then legit copies. so you pc users sealed your own fate. why shouldn’t they develop for the millions and the millions of console gamers? they dont owe you there allegiance so stop whining about it all the time and buy pc games instead of pirating them. personally as a pc and console gamer im glad there making games for console. I am still excited for crysis 2 and kingdoms was the best part of the microsoft presser.

9. Maximum Unreal

I dont think it is going to be exclusive to 360 because Crytek working on Cryengine 3 to be multiplatform, and that would be very stupid decision to make new IP again exlcusive to one platform

10. NiceFellow

This is nice but no M-M-M-MEGATON! Crytek have delivered a small number of decent PC titles that had great graphics but were overshadowed by big hitters like Half Life 2 and the like.

Now they’re already committed to making their big name franchise multi but are delivering a new, unknown ip as exclusive with no real confirmation that doesn’t mean timed.

This isn’t like FFXIII coming to 360. This in short isn’t a M-M-M-MEGATON! and I’m really not liking the trend of weak reporting and ‘Hot!’ on everything even when it patently isn’t.

11. AHA-Lambda

yeah it left me slightly curious but nothing else

12. LordCancer

your right its not m-m-m megaton or hot it’s SUPER HOT M-M-M MEGATON! I watched the live stream and this was the one thing that made me completely giddy. Every ones so damn jaded all the time! its FUCKING E3 for christ sake… live a little. plenty of time to be jaded all the rest of the year.

13. Gadzooks!

It wouldnt do to show excitement for an MS product. No, these chumps will do their excited dance in private, and put their troll masks back on real quick for us.

I’m well excited about this game but not because its exclusive, I get games on both PS3 and 360 so exclusive means nothing to me. I’m excited because it’s a new game from Crytek for god sakes. CRYTEK.

14. LordCancer

@13 exactly thats why I’m excited, I love crytec!

15. NiceFellow

I like Crtyek but getting FFXIII from exclusive to multi is a megaton. Getting the next MGS multi is a megaton.

But a new ip from a good studio that’s never had a huge hit on the level of those titles is no Megaton and that’s that.

Pardon me for not joining the trend of gushing at something just because of a desire to have megatons and to pretend to be amazed when there is nothing to be amazed at.

The only genuine Megaton was the 360Slim and anyone with half a brain knew that particular megaton was coming.

But hey, call it a Megaton if you want. Apparently Transformers 2 was also a great movie as well.

16. LordCancer

No it “transfomers 2″ was not a good movie! Farcry and Crysis were good games though, So being excited for a new ip from a developer with track record of good games is EXCITING. Also I love medieval themes.

Why a Crytec exclusive isn’t in the same league as ff or mgs is beyond me, it is above and beyond in my opinion.

The slim 360 and the sweet little oprah moment at the end was only megaton for the crowd.

17. blackdreamhunk

pc gamers still have way more exclusives I say meh project offset will be better any way

to be honest I have been buying less main stream games but they are nothing more than junk.

18. LordCancer

Well maybe if it ever comes out. I almost wrote it off after intel canned larrabee. Does intel possess a reason to continue the development of the game? Either way I don’t see it as an either or but, both games can be good and I’d play them.