Xbox Live Marketplace schedule lists Mass Effect 2 demo

Thursday, 10th June 2010 20:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

masseffect216

The Major has posted some of the upcoming deals and content for Xbox Live, and one thing that catches the eye, is a demo for Mass Effect 2.

It’s for down for June 15, which is the same day the Overlord DLC for it hits (560 MSP).

Here’s the schedule

Games on Demand

• June 15: LEGO Batman: The Video Game
  • June 15: Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Xbox 360 Game Add-ons

• June 15: Mass Effect 2 Overlord add-on, 560 points

Avatar Marketplace

• June 17: adidas: Soccer Shop and Mass Effect 2

Deals of the Week (next week):

• Shadow Complex – 50 percent off at 1200 MSP
  • Trials HD – 53 percent off at 1200 MSP
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2 – 53 percent off at 1200 MSP
  • TMNT Turtles in Time HD – 50 percent off at 800 MSP
  • Splosion Man – 50 percent off at 800 MSP

There’s also to be a massive Inventory Blowout sale to celebrate E3 from June 16 – 22, and you can get the full list of those games through the link up top.

1. threadzilla

Im going to pick up shadow complex…good thing I waited for the price to drop.

2. reask

I hope they put a demo up as I would like to try it.
    I have 1 but just couldn’t stick with it.
    Loading times peed me off.
    I might get back to it at some stage but would fancy trying 2 out to see was there improvements.

3. DJ Deathstar

Cool to see all of last years Summer of Arcade half price, though obviously the prices there are before the reductions so incase people are too lazy to click the link

Shadow Complex, Trials and MvsC2 all 560 points and Splosion Man and Turtles 400.

Will definately be picking up Banjo Tooie for 800 in the sale and Trials for 560!

4. Blerk

Anyone who doesn’t have Shadow Complex should definitely get it now.

Sequel announcement on Monday? Hmm? Maybe?

5. mington

Shadow Complex was brilliant for one play through. (although, i was playing it on hard, which gives you more exp, and when i hit lvl 30 about 3/4 of the way through the game a got infinite ammo and unlocked the whole map, which sort of ruined the game as it made the last 2 hours a complete cake walk. it an insult to all the hard work and effort i had put into the game. Imagine playing through a sonic game and then being given infinite super sonic for the last two levels and boss)

Trials for 560!?!?! everyone needs this game, seriously just fucking buy it and tell your friends.

6. Blerk

I really couldn’t get into Trials. At all.

7. mington

i think it help loads if you’ve got a few friends that play it who are all on the same level, shaving milliseconds off each others scores. playing it without the leaderboards i probably would’ve played it for a couple of hours and then never touched it again.

not saying you have no friends or anything :)

i’ll probably never play it again now, but for those few weeks when we first got it, it was so bloody addictive, hours would just vanish, i’d be like holy fuck its 1am

8. frostquake

Magic the Gathering is definitely worth a Pick Up at half price!! I had never played a Magic The Gathering Game in my Life, and I am SUPER ADDICTED now, and they just keep supporting the Game with Add On Packs and Decks, and it has a very ROBUST Multi-player Community Even started buying the Actual Cards…I am a little to old to be going to Friday Night Magic Games at ToysRUs, but I still enjoy the artwork of the cards, and use them as book marks…Maybe Some Day I will form the Super Old Dudes Magic the Gathering Group or SODMGG. ROFL

9. mington

Is Magic the Gathering half price? i know it got really good reviews. i played the trial, i didn’t really get what was going on, but i guess its one of those games where the more you put into it the more you get out of it.

I’m going to hold off and buy puzzle quest 2 as that’s due some time this summer. i was super addicted to the first one. That will keep me going for a while.

10. frostquake

Yes starting next week during E3 Magic the Gathering will go from 800 MS Points to 400 MS points.

Normal Price Blow out Price Savings
    Portal 1200 800 33%
    TMNT: 1989 Arcade 400 240 40%
    Uno Rush 800 400 50%
    Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment 1200 800 33%
    Zombie Apocalypse 800 400 50%

11. DaMan

meh, not interested in any of those ones myself, and I really dislike Trials as well.

12. mington

i’ve often think i should pick up Castle Crashers, but 800 still seems a bit steep