Crysis 2 release moved into autumn

Thursday, 10th June 2010 18:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

crysis22

Looks like EA has moved Crytek’s shooter, Crysis 2, into autumn instead of waiting around until the holidays.

This is according to a trade press ad featured in this week’s MCV, which demotes an autumn 2010 release.

Previously, it was expected to be hitting around the end of the year sometime before the holidays, but neither EA nor Crytek were concrete on that.

That just means less of a wait for folks itching to get their hands on it though.

The game makes use of CryEngine 3 which Crytek’s Nathan Camarillo said will “provide unparalleled visuals on all platforms – PC, PS3, and 360″ going so far as to call it “the total package”.

Good to know. Now maybe EA will give us an exact date at E3.

1. Goliath

Competing with any Call of Duty title is a bad idea so it’s a good move I guess.

2. G1GAHURTZ

Must be rubbish, then.

3. NoxNoctisUmbra

I dont think they have to worry about call of duty game.. they will have to worry about Medal of Honor. Because.. Call of Duty will be set in Vietnam, cold war , etc, will use older style weapons, today’s trend, everyone wants MODERN WARFARE, so Medal of Honor might fill the spot. Crysis on the other hand, might be tooo futuristic, sure it might be damn good game, and as smooth of gameplay as Call of Duty, but people wont like it because of its futuristic weaponry and bio suits.

4. Amored

@3 – I don’t think EA will worry about their own game xD

5. lucascane

I like futuristic weaponry and the nano suit. Personally I like SF shooter better than Modern shooter. I must have it. Can’t wait~

6. Goliath

@ NoxNoctisUmbra

Medal of Honor looks like garbage and to be honest, expect mediocre reviews. Look at the success of World at War which is still more popular on XBox Live than Battlefield Bad Company 2. It’s a Call of Duty game, it’s going to be one of the biggest games this holiday season.

7. Erthazus

@6 If MoH looks like garbage with shitty Unreal Engine 3, then CoD with it’s Id Tech 3 looks like horse crap.

Seriously, CoD fanboys, we didn’t even see gameplay trailers from both games (Just some epic moments). Personally i have hopes for MoH. Medal Of Honor was always about the story and devs recognise it and multiplayer is made by DICE. Don’t know if they can make a decent Local war aka Counter-Strike/Call Of Duty game, but i’m sure that Frostbyte engine destruction will be awesome.

8. G1GAHURTZ

MoH is gonna be rubbish.

9. Amored

Not as rubbish as Driv3r o_O

10. G1GAHURTZ

It certainly won’t look as good!

11. Amored

Maybe not, but better than the Brickell area xD See what I did there? :P

12. Goliath

@ Erthazus

Listen, I’m not a COD fanboy by any means but Medal of Honor doesn’t look impressive from anything we’ve seen. The early trailers showed a generic and mediocre game. Black Ops, good or bad, has the Call of Duty name recognition, that’s just the way it is. It will sell like gangbusters come November. Like I said, as impressive as Battlefield Bad Company was, it’s still not as popular as the 3 year old Modern Warfare and the 2 year old World at War, again, fact!

13. manamana

I bet on Reach. Right between the eyes. Muhahaha!

14. theevilaires

as much as I hate to agree with a XBOT he is right Erthazus.

15. G1GAHURTZ

No! The Brickell area of Miami was surely a classic example of comuter game visuals that defined that console generation!! Mwahahahaaaa!!!

16. Amored

Hehe. I’m just playing xD

17. manamana

Bah! Xbotblah. I love all of them, really. It’s just that I know Reach will keep me busy for a long time. And MW2 didn’t. Maybe MP of MoH will be nice. But I wouldn’t bet on it …

18. Erthazus

@12 you should wait till E3 man. Seriously. Give it a chance.
    Personally i don’t know myself if MoH is going to live up to the hype because previous MoH games were utter shit.

Modern Warfare/Call Of Duty is very popular on consoles because it was a good franchise from the start. First CoD series were brilliant and console fans love them, remember them since Xbox 1 or PS2 era. Battlefield series are known on the PC and DICE only started to work on consoles only now.

So, just give MoH a chance, maybe it’s going to be great, maybe not.

19. G1GAHURTZ

@16:

LOL! Cool stuff!

Go there and be amazed.

Hehe…

20. G1GAHURTZ

Xbox and PS2 CoD’s weren’t that good at all.

21. Goliath

It’s not just Medal of Honor; Crysis 2 will have the same difficulty as well. Trying to release a first person shooter between Halo Reach and a Call of Duty title is almost suicide. Even though it wasn’t the huge success the Modern Warfare franchise has been, World at War sold 11 million copies. Again, I reference Battlefield Bad Company 2 because it was such a great game but it hasn’t drawn the online community the way EA expected. Halo 3, Modern Warfare, World at War, continue to be very popular 2 and 3 years afters after release.