EA: Respawn’s skipping E3 this year

Wednesday, 9th June 2010 04:44 GMT By Nathan Grayson

jasonvince

What’s wrong with this picture: Weeks ago, Jason West and Vince Zampella barely had enough employees to throw together a TI-83 calculator sidescrolling version of Modern Warfare, and now they’re blowing the lid off a brand new blockbuster game?

The answer: everything. Which makes sense, because none of it’s true.

EA woke the Internet up from its crazy fever dream when it informed IGN that there would be no Respawn-related announcements at E3 this year.

This comes after a page on Facebook attributing itself to Jason West and Vince Zampella claimed a “big time announcement” was coming next week, and then proceeded to call everyone “kiddies.” In retrospect, that was probably a red flag right there.

Turns out, games are actually kind of hard to develop. And here we thought you just had to veg out with what appears to be a PlayStation controller and “tighten up” graphics for an afternoon or so. Because graphics can apparently be loose.

1. JimFear666

lol dumbs idiots got trolled by the internets.

I mean… The studio has just been created its seem to be normal to me that they have nothing to announce for at least 3years maybe?

2. Amored

It doesn’t take 3 years to create a video game. Sure, it CAN take 3 years, but it shouldn’t.

3. KKDragonLord

It doesnt take 3 years to make an announcement about a future game.

it would be unusual in so short notice but not impossible

4. theevilaires

why do I have a feeling this E3 will suck. No Rockstar, Sony is getting leaked everyday, and Natal is just embarrassing.

This is my Christmas of the year and it looks like I’ll be getting coal.

5. OlderGamer

This is a great example of the out of control hype machine that surrounds E3. Almost anyone could say almost anything aboutr almost anyone … and someone would believe it and hit the ground running with it.

All in the name of being the one to get the BIG scoop first.

I have one thing to say to E3, Shut up. Show me the games.

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I don’t get it.

Why would “Respawn” post the facebook status of “big time announcemnt at E3″, then EA say they’re not making an apperance at E3.

Seriously, what’s going on here?

7. theevilaires