DJ Hero 2 gets debut trailer and screens

Wednesday, 9th June 2010 10:40 GMT By Johnny Cullen

dj hero 2

Fancy freestyling to Lady Gaga? The debut trailer to DJ Hero 2 will convince you to do that.

IGN’s got it up. Get it below.

Its also got the first shot of the sequel, which was formally announced yesterday. Get them here.

Some of the artists already signed up for the game include Dr. Dre, The Chemical Brothers, Kanye West and more.

Bitchin’.

DJ Hero 2 releases this fall for PS3, 360 and Wii.

1. StaceyEmerson

hope paparazi will be in it, great track imo, cant wait too see the final mix list

2. Blerk

Singing? Oh my.

I stuck the original on last night to try the freebie Gaga mix with the kids and my daughter was completely itching to play but it’s way too hard for her. Give her a mic, though…. and the neighbours will hate us even more! :-D

3. Boris Fett

No wonder the first one sold like crap.

If you want something like this to work, you target the audience that appreciates the music. You can’t sell a DJ to a pop audience.

If you can’t even show proper appreciate to the culture your game is based around, it’s just going to be laughed off the stage. They clearly haven’t learned their lesson with this one.

4. Blerk

I dunno Boris, how big is that market likely to be compared to the more casual end of the market who just want something like Guitar Hero but with clubbier songs?

I enjoyed the original far more than I ever expected to, but I’ll be the first to admit I know absolutely bugger all about DJ and Club culture, possibly because I’m really fucking old. :-D

5. distraet

That trailer makes me feel awkward.

6. frostquake

@Blerk…You can’t be as SUPER OLD as me…choke choke…just hit 40′s SIGH!!!
    Anyway…This made article made me go look at DJ HERO 1 at Amazon, and they had it for $54.99 US, so bought it today to see what all the hype is…. ;)

7. Johnny Cullen

Got the original for about £50 a while back.

Bargin, considering what it was going for at release, even though I seen somewhere it was going for £35 right now (don’t quote me, might have been seeing things).

I love it, especially the Daft Punk stuff. Love it. Gotta download the free DLC to see what it’s like.

8. MushroomStamp

I agree with Boris, this game does NOT represent the DJ or Club scene. The music is NOT what DJs are spinning.

Frostquake, I did the same thing yesterday :) should arrive tomorrow :)

9. Amored