Black: Bodycount intended to have campaign co-op

Tuesday, 8th June 2010 09:58 GMT By Johnny Cullen

bodycount2

Bodycount director Stuart Black has said that he intended to have the shooter’s campaign to have co-op al the way through.

But speaking with D’Toid, he revealed that because of some moments in the game’s story which were “vital” to require the player to be by itself.

“It became really obvious — and it pained me — that there were key moments, two or three key moments,” said Black, “where it was absolutely vital that you were by yourself to feel that sense of isolation.

“And I was really like, ‘Oh no, I can’t believe this!’ and I tried to think, ‘How can I get around this?’ and it was like, story-wise…I can’t. I have to have [those moments] that were too important to drop. So that was a bit of a bastard.”

But despite them problems, the Codemasters shooter still has co-op, which, according to Black, will have missions that are like Spec Ops in Modern Warfare 2. But longer.

There’s a lot more through the link.

Bodycount releases early next year for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

1. Torasko

I’m getting really annoyed about this guy.

2. Patrick Garratt

That reminds me…

3. mington

Fighting alongside Lady Gaga

4. Gekidami

This is pretty much a problem most devs are facing now, having coop in the main campaign means that some types of set pieces become impossible.

5. Raining_Upwards

I call fake on the Stuart Black quotes in this article.

There wasn’t one ‘fuck’ to be found anywhere.

6. Retroid

The same could be said for the Halo games yet they put in co-op anyway. And it worked. Master Chief was also supposed to be the last Spartan for god’s sake, but that didn’t matter enough for them not to bother!

Just because they player should be alone at certain points for the ‘best experience’, it doesn’t mean something with as much potential as co-op should be removed.

7. NGCes26294BIV

Co-op is a must for me these days, as much as standard multiplayer.

8. Yoshi

He talks shit, if there is co-op you might lose some of the sense of isolation but who cares. I bet 9 out of 10 people who play co-op have already played singleplayer or are going to play singleplayer after so they will get both experiences.

9. xino

@3 lol exactly.
    that guy seriously wants to tap her ass so bad!