Videos – Natal has dignity degeneration system, rave mode

Monday, 7th June 2010 12:36 GMT By Patrick Garratt

rave

Holy. Shit.

Parade Magazine writer AJ Jacobs and his family have been filmed enthusiastically testing Natal in the US. The YouTube mixers have already matched some frantic motion action to black-out gabba. This is truly awesome.

See below. Microsoft’s E3 Natal Experience takes place this Sunday in LA, with 360′s main press conference happening the following morning. Full details here.

Thanks mington, Geki.

Here’s the original:

Here are the Dutch versions:

1. Patrick Garratt

That middle vid from 1.14 is just brilliant.

2. get2sammyb

Fan-flipping-tastic.

3. Joe Anderson

haha quality.

4. Mike W

Natal just lose all my interest.

5. Blerk

Words fail. :-|

6. Tallon 4

@4: +1

I think it’s way too hardcore for me 0_O

7. Redh3lix

LMFAO awesome :D

8. NGCes26294BIV

What the fuck just happened.

9. cookiejar

I’d love to see a Kevin Butler response to this :D

10. kdogg

Do you have to be retarded to play Natal? That lady looked like she was having some sort of fit…

11. mathare92

The video title on 1up sums it up for me: “Is this family on crack, or are they playing a video game?”

12. JimFear666

ewww they look soooooo retarded.

13. Erthazus

Patrick, how could you miss

THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pabWdwvmyDI&feature=player_embedded#!

and

THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxxMRmUDCD8&feature=player_embedded

14. polygem

if i would have witnessed this scene personally i would have called an ambulance…this shows exactly what i feared. retards taking over gaming – but not in a cool zombie apocalypse way. no – in a far more frightening way. moms and dads that go nuts. this is hell. an industry creating more and more games for retards (a.k.a. casual gamers). slowly developing less and less games for retards with style (thats how i like to see it) like me and all the other hc gamers.

15. Yoshi

Ohhhh no… XD

16. Peetry

Hopefully E3 will allow Microsoft to prove to me that they havn’t just re-invented the eyetoy. Currently I ain’t buying

17. Nico23

OMG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL WAT BS lol from all the videos ive seen it looks like you’ll have to have a lot of space to use it alot lol.

18. AHA-Lambda

OMG XD

19. theevilaires

M$ does know America has an obese weight problem? Which entails most lazy fat lard ass Americans won’t buy into this. Which means they will more likely migrate to PS MOVE.

Now I understand why Rob and J.Allard left.

On a positive note: The wife’s hair looks nice. :D

20. reask

Holy f**k that’s embarrassing. :(

21. Pytox

lol the second video :D

22. Dralen

Omg! I had this feeling that Natal was going to make you look retarded and oh shock-horror, yes it does.

23. JPickford

Hard to believe this is it. Surely MS have *something* up their sleeves? I guess it’ll be Rare’s Wii Fit Knock off.

24. Amored

I hate when casual “gamers” try to play games well. They have no clue how to play the fucking games.

25. NGCes26294BIV

All MS need to succeed is some software that allows users to navigate their Xbox360 menu like a Minority Report wall.

Consider this a no brainer too, as the Natal tech has already been shown doing it.

26. manamana

Ok, it looks silly dumbass. But what is all this elite-hardcore-thing going on here? Just because some guys claims the hardcore247fps-crown doesnt mean you own this shit. Consoles and gaming is still for everyone. Go hide behind your Windows-rig and enjoy yourself! And when the idea strikes, that you can build a propper hardcore-console for hardcore only, than show off. If people enjoy playing that way, its not my fucking business, neither its yours. CoD will still be rolling out, so is other hardcore stuff … yeah but right, its still an embarissing movie to watch.

27. tonynibbles

FREAKING AWESOME VIDEOS!
    Everyone needs to do a remix!

28. Amored

@26 – Assuming you are talking to me. What I meant is that it’s wrong to use that video as an example on how to play Ricochet, because clearly those people didn’t know what the hell they were doing. I love casual games, and I want non-gamers to play games (i’m desperately trying to have my GF play games). I might be some kind of a hardcore gamer, but I RARELY play on PC. I’m console all the way. To me PC-gaming is dead, with the exception of RTSs and MMOs.

So I’m sorry if I made it sound like I hate all casual games/gamers, because I really don’t.

But still, this video should be seen as a representation of how Natal works, because it really doesn’t.

29. Galactic_Barret

Jesus, what a handful of awesome. That is total win right there. I’d pick it up, if only for the comedy.

30. OrphanageExplosion

Into hour five now of intermittent laughter!

Black-out Gabba will forever dominate my destiny.

31. SplatteredHouse

Brilliant! xD I noticed it helps to play Natal if you fall about on the floor like a bad budget movie cop. It’s the only way to reach the next level – otherwise, we’ve just seen a world exclusive of Microsoft’s answer to Locoroco, played with natal! :o

32. Galactic_Barret

Had to watch the third one again. Its so awesome.

33. polygem

@26: i think casual gamers aren´t good for gaming in general. if you´d compare gaming to punk then you could call bands like green day casual punk. you get the point (or not if you like green day but hate fugazi). i know gaming is already mainstream. it´s just an example. the casual fucks up the core. we end up with cole of inFamous looking like barbies boyfriend ken etc. that´s just how this works and you can already see this. of course you will still have some good games. but it´s a slowly, creeping process where the mainstream will suck up everything. casual gamers one day also get attracted to more “serious” games so developers will make them more casual friendly- an example of this are the changes being made in fable III (maybe this turns out to be cool changes and it will prove me completely wrong – and i really hope so)…that said, i don´t want to sound supernegative about it and i really don´t care that much about it at all, also i don´t wear a “hc gamer crown” and only got an absolutely gaming unfit mac mini and no pc…but i really do believe that in time some games will suffer from the increasing numbers of the so called casual gamer…should be ok to post these concerns on a gaming related website.

34. Freek

…aaand that’s why the pre-E3 reveal is a technology free even.

35. OrphanageExplosion

“The YouTube mixers have already matched some frantic motion action to black-out gabba. This is truly awesome.”

Still. Tears. Of laughter.

36. Withnail

Natal is quickly becoming the laughing stock of the internet. MS better have something good cooking apart from more unfounded hype and bluster.

37. ianbenoir

lol.
    despites the laughing part, i still see a big and empty room..

38. Amored

No, Natal is quickly becoming the laughing stock of ugly, fat little douchbags, who feel so sorry for themselves that they have to talk shit about everything, that isn’t branded a Sony-product, on the internet, because that’s only place people can’t make fun of them.

Everybody who are offended by this statement knows it’s true… xD

39. Gekidami

^ New resident 360 fanboy.

40. Johnny Cullen

Someone had to balance it out, Gek.

41. NiceFellow

Amusing. If nothing else Natal will definitely be providing some choice YouTube moments.

I note we still seem to be waiting for a demo of Natal in a normal room – i.e. one with couches at funny angles, coffee tables, etc.

Still love the idea of it as an interface – but I’d really like to see it in action in a small, actual European living space.

42. OrphanageExplosion

If I watch these videos again, my productivity for the day will be completely shot.