Ubi releases First Driver reboot movie [Update]

Monday, 7th June 2010 18:43 GMT By Patrick Garratt

driver

Update: Take a look at the key fob at 31 seconds.

Original: The first teaser for Ubi’s Driver reboot’s been released. See it below.

Ubi Spain‘s just slapped it up, but there’s a YouTube version below.

You’re going to get a lot more on this from the Ubisoft E3 conference next Monday, as you can see by the timer on the site. Get exact timings here.

No details apart from that. Watch. Quick.

Thanks, AGB.

1. Gekidami

Oh god, its that insanely hard first level from the first game.

2. Patrick Garratt

Yep.

3. SplatteredHouse

Nice :D

4. Patrick Garratt

See the update.

5. Yoshi

Glad to see it looks like its going back to the DRIVING part of Driver :)

6. Gekidami

“SF”?

7. Patrick Garratt

8. The Hindle

Hmm i still remember Driv3r :D terrible game was that.

9. Gekidami

Oh right, well if its anything like the other Driver games it’ll have multiple locations.

10. mathare92

@1 oh, the memories…
    P.S well investigated Patrick.:D

11. G1GAHURTZ

@8: Hey! I worked on that game! lol.

The gameplay might have been rubbish, but naturally, the graphics were ABSOLUTELY AMAAAAZING!

Hehe…

12. The Hindle

:D rubbish for Driv3r is a bit of an understatement imo the game didnt even work. What part did you work on?

13. G1GAHURTZ

I worked on the environment art in an area of Miami called Brickell.

Oh, the memories are all coming back now… lol!

14. The Hindle

Cool man where do you work now? Its bloody impossible getting in the industery these days imo.

15. Dr.Ghettoblaster

nice teaser trailer – i like what they did there

16. G1GAHURTZ

@14:

Nowhere atm. I was working for Eidos, but got made redundant a few months after Square Enix took over.

There are loads of jobs available, but you just have to be prepared to move around the country…

I’m looking to get out of the games industry though now, tbh. I’ve been in it for around 8 years and it’s a very unstable industry to work in. If you can keep working on AAA games, then you should be fine, but there are very few games companies that continue to make the big bucks for any decent amount of time.

A few years ago I had an interview at Sony in Soho, and they were going on about them being really stable and a good long term place to work, but even they’re had to can projects and lay off loads of staff.

Hehe… Just imagine, it was only a few months ago that I was saying to people that I used to work with something like: ‘The guys at IW are laughing… All they have to do now is sit back and pick up big bonus cheques!’

What area are you trying to get into?

17. Johnny Cullen

/smirk.

18. The Hindle

Anything in the industery really, im currently applying for any PR vacancy as i watched this video on live a few month back about getting a job, anyway it interviewed this guy who was a former hairdresser yet he got a job as a PR imo with no experence so thats the area :D

19. G1GAHURTZ

Hehe… Yeah, PR is basically just sales, so all you need to do is be able to schmooze.

You could also maybe look at online community management jobs with a view to just getting your foot in the door, perhaps with a view to eventually move into PR…

One of the best ways if you have no experience is to go into testing. If you work your way up to a lead tester role, you can go straight into production, which is one of the more senior roles at any dev. So you can go from one of the lowest paid, to one of the highest paid in one or two promotions.

I think pretty much all of the senior production staff that I’ve worked with used to be testers.

20. AHA-Lambda

@1 – oh god i never ever got past that stage. Yeah i couldnt past the first level in a game. I done better in ninja gaiden than in driver FFS!!

EDIT: actually i’m kinda amazed to see ubi reference that level tbh lol

21. cookiejar

Anyone remember the opening to Driver 2? “Im gonna pop your neck with my hands..”

Good times.

22. Erthazus

Classic. I think they understood their mistakes.

23. 5ive

AHAHA, its tutorial from original driver =)) it was so harddd
    PRIVET SLAVYANE

24. Cee

Not that hard, once you got it sussed

25. No_PUDding

Beautiful Ubisoft. I would actually preorder this now, if I had the option.

In ONE trailer, one initial trailer, you’ve played to two of the most prominent (and for many people the ONLY) parts of the Driver franchise. And through that, you’ve acknowledged one-thousand wrongs, telling me you’re going to set them right.

Well fucking played.

26. No_PUDding

And…. G1GAHURTZ, had I not known you for a while – in n online kinda way, then it may seem sycophantic, but I am so impressed you worked on Driv3r, it’s one of my forbidden pleasures.

I loved it to be honest. Not Miami though. xD

27. Blerk

Fascinating fact number 258: I have never played a Driver game.

28. mojo

Driver 1, Pursuit Mode with some friends, worst time drinks.
    Best Party Game ever. believe me.

29. Massiveslag

G1GAHURTZ

I recruit for the games industry, and I see you’re on the market. I’ve a number of interesting roles on currently.

30. mington

“interesting” is recruitment talk for garbage

31. Captain Fruitloop

wait till they reveal the story concept behind this one. All the potential to be a real real sharkjumping moment for the series.