Sonic Adventure rated for PS3 by ESRB

Monday, 7th June 2010 16:56 GMT By Johnny Cullen

sonic

Looks like Xbox Live Arcade isn’t just getting the fun of Sonic Adventure. PSN’s getting in the act as well.

At least, that’s according to a rating from the ESRB. The rating also reiterates its release on XBLA as well.

The title was revealed as recently as April when leaked shots from a debug 360 showed titles not released onto XBLA yet, such as Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi.

And then there’s the whole PSN/Dreamcast titles thing from last September

E3, anyone?

Thanks, Siliconera

1. SplatteredHouse

If there are achievements/trophys then perhaps it’s worth a look. I’d sooner have a new Sonic Riders (or port), as that’s more of a valid arcade game, and hasn’t been re-released already multiple times. This doesn’t even qualify as a classic Sonic game, imo. It’s ok, but not one I’d really want on my HDD. Crazy Taxi, is an ideal one for that, though. ;)

2. Aimless

Well, SH, you may or may not be pleased to hear about the rumour of Sonic Freeriders, presumably a reworking of the game you mentioned, heading for an XBLA release as a Natal game.

Personally I’m just hoping Sega are improving their Dreamcast ports as the first leaked screens of Sonic Adventure on XBLA were pretty horrible. I’m not saying it has to get the Perfect Dark treatment, but is a 16:9 mode really too much to ask?

Also, a native port of ChuChu Rocket!, please. It boggles the mind that it hasn’t happened yet.

3. Gama_888

awesome stuff
    sonic adventure was one ofmy favourite games of all time
    cant wait to play it agian as my dreamcast is now broke :-/

4. Bulk Slash

Are these ports or emulations? If they’re ports then they should definitely be able to fix the aspect ratio, but if they’re emulations it’s tricker to fiddle with the graphics like that.

The DC emulator NullDC on the PC allows you to display extra geometry for a widescreen mode but often shadowing and filter effects are missing in the side areas.

5. Aimless

Not sure, although given the state of them — and the fact that it looks like Sega are planning to roll out quite a few DC titles — I’d peg it as emulation. Whilst I appreciate it’s harder to alter things in that case… well, Sega made the bloody games, if they’re going to charge people for re-releases they could at least put a bit of effort in.

That’s the reason I specified native port for CCR!; it’s the perfect Live/PSN game.

6. Bulk Slash