Enslaved E3 trailer brings it home

Monday, 7th June 2010 21:09 GMT By Johnny Cullen

enslaved4

After the break. It’s the E3 trailer of Enslaved: Journey to the West from Ninja Theory.

The game looks properly good so far. We know because we seen it in Barcelona nearly a month ago. In fact, some of the clips in the trailer is some of the stuff seen at Namco Bandai’s pre-E3 event in Spain. We even spoke to NT about the game.

The surfer bit with Monkey, though, is a new one on us.

Still looks amazing, though.

The game, seen as a modern twist of the Chinese tale Journey to the West, releases this fall for PS3 and Xbox 360. A demo is being planned for it.

Thanks, IGN.

1. mathare92

Andy Serkis FTW!

2. Erthazus

OK. Nothing faptastic if you ask me.

3. JimFear666

she looklike Nariko. I guess someone at ninja theory really like redhead…

4. Boris Fett

It’s saddening when something that looks as beautiful and awe-inspired as this doesn’t impress people. Are gamers so spoilt with HD graphics now that unless something has a 100 million dollar budget it doesn’t impress?

We’re screwed in the next generation of consoles if that’s the case.

5. AHA-Lambda

it looked nice but i aint seen any real gameplay yet what do you expect? O_o

6. Boris Fett

There’s been plenty of gameplay videos.

Game clearly plays quite similar to Heavenly Sword. And it’s Ninja Theory. They’re up there with the best when it comes to quality game design.

7. AHA-Lambda

oh right didnt know there was any =s

well if it is like HS tho? meh -_- sorry =/

8. Erthazus

@4 Please tell me what is so beautiful in there?
    Flower is beautiful, Uncharted 2 is beautiful, The Last guardian is beautiful. THIS is not beautiful. For me this is very generic Sci-Fi universe.
    I see only planet earth, destroyed City from (Unreal Tournament 2004 JunkYard level), not so beautiful graphics style (I’m not saying about shaders, textures because they are already BAD, so there is no reason to talk about that.) with mechas (Dark Void!?) in West style.

By the way, except of animation Heavenly Sword was nothing special.

9. DaMan

that’s right, Uncharted isn’t generic at all…
    ….

.. HOLD ON.

10. xino

more combat less puzzle and running!
    if this game doesn’t do it, i won’t bother with it

11. Bleak Harvest

Thanks for posting, Johnny — looks really good.

12. DjFlex

@2.
    The question of the day is….Who asked you?

Ans. Noone

You are one of the most annoying posters I’ve read on many a game site. I wish I could ignore you FOREVER. Your opinions are crass, uninformative and incredibly OVER-biased(Sony, of course). You haven’t developed a game in your life but you know it all…you’re such a failure. It’s a shame that you probably wake up each day bitching to your mom and brothers about how your life sucks.

Have you ever said anything positive without a “but” in the end?

/rant over…feeling better :)

13. SniperWolf

@Erthazus
    nice damage control Erthazus maybe you can fool newcomers but not us :-)

14. Patrick Garratt

I’m really attracted to this. I love the setting and the visual style. There’s something comforting about nature reclaiming the earth after humans have their time, as opposed to the hopeless greyness of most post-apoc games. The environment’s springy, fuzzy, green. The childish naivety of the main characters gives it an “epic” feel.

I’m looking forward to trying it, anyway.

15. Blerk

I’m still far from convinced. The style is still putting me off tremendously and the robots in this video just look rubbish, more Saturday-morning-cartoon than psychotic killing machine.

I hope I’m wrong because it’s the type of game that I’d usually be pretty interested in, but I just can’t shake the feeling that this is going to be 6s and 7s all round.

16. lkirton

I have to say (even as the Head of PR for Namco Bandai Partners UK) that this truly is a very different experience to other titles. The trailers honestly doesn’t do it the justice is deserves… Just try the game soon and you’ll be incredibly hooked… It’s beautiful, with superb game play, elements of stealth, strategy and dazzling action. The scripting is superb, story is worth while and the chemistry and relationship between the characters is second to none. Keep your eyes peeled everyone as this game is going to surprise everyone.

17. Dean

@16 Yes. You have to say it. It’s your job!

18. lkirton

Actually no. I don’t always say that all games are special, that I work with. Enslaved however is very different. take it from me ‘as a gamer’ it’s worth keeping your eyes on at least. Personally I don’t play a lot of adventure action titles (apart from Uncharted 2 which was brilliant), but if you want the next best thing then keep eyes peeled…

19. mington

i hope the stick fighting is like ninja gaiden 2, really meaty

20. mington

“Attack and defend with agile prowess using a combination of melee attacks, blocks and intense takedowns which allow Monkey to overtake an enemy to steal its weapon for his own use, rip the enemy apart piece by piece or destroy it in one satisfying final blow” \o/ weapon stealing

actually i bet the weapon stealing consists souly in the take down QTE’s as i haven’t seen any pics of monkey with a gun

/looks at vid in post…monkey holding gun

21. The Hindle

Will they be taking those highlighted platforms out in the full game, the ones that flash so you know where you have to jump?

22. lkirton

You will see some of that (to help give you an idea how to move around the enviroment), but it looks a lot different in game and blends in as part of the game world.

23. Blerk

Is a demo confirmed, lkirton?

24. mington

Yo Ikirton send me a review copy and sing its praises all over this shit. That would be some sensible PRing no

25. mington

…whatever! looks shit anyway

26. The Hindle

If you want send me an preview code and ill let you know what should be corrected. Wink Wink nudge nudge say no more say no more. :D

27. kemza

why are so many games set in america/new york…the location has become so cliched. wish developers would set games in other areas.

28. NGCes26294BIV

Not convinced.

29. mathare92

Hehe VG247 can use Ikirton’s comments to post an entire story about what the head of PR at Namco Bandai UK has to say abt Enslaved, lol.

30. distraet

I’m strangely attracted to this one, perhaps it’s the redhead’s fault.

31. Gheritt White

This could well be my fave game of the year.

Bear in mind my fave game of last year was the 3D Bionic Commando sequel, so I suppose I just like this kind of game.