Motorstorm 3: San Francisco pics leak onto the net

Saturday, 5th June 2010 14:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

ms3

Some shots of Motorstorm 3 have leaked onto the nets today.

Hrm. Interesting.

You can get them over on AGB, which apparently got them from PS3gen (thanks, MaGiXieN).

It was rumored back in March that the title was coming after it was spotted being played on PSN, and Sony registered a domain for it.

Looks like there will be less surprises at E3 this year than last year at this rate.

1. Razor

Oh, Sony.

2. theevilaires

OMG WTF is going on SONY?! Leak after leak?

3. Erthazus

Game looks nuts. I think THATS how Split/Second should have been done from the start.

But Sony, you FAIL, a little bit more and we will know about your fucking line up.

4. AHA-Lambda

resistance 3 next week guys?

And sony ffs keep your game announcements for E3 I dont want to spend 2 hours of your press conference to hear you talk about 3d and move cos you got this stuff out of the way first! >:(

5. Pysk

The screenshots look like they are in 3D (look at the people in the shot in the bottom left corner).

6. Redh3lix

Why’s everybody upset? Motorstorm 3′s been rumoured for ages. Not exactly a “surprise” for E3 now is it? oO

7. justiceblob

I think their problem is that for money they seem to have shopped all of these announcements to magazines and websites, and as soon as the info is out there, its only ineveitable it will leak.

I’m guessing this is in the 3D. Playing MS2 in 3D nas my favourite gaming experience this year.

8. cookiejar

I remember bagging a PS3 on launch night, coming home at 1am, wacking MotorStorm in and playing it straight until the early hours. Pendulum’s Slam made the first few laps of that game totally classic.

Its crazy they seem to be blowing surprises right before E3, but its no big deal really. They will still talk about and show them, so who cares. PSP 2 will probably take up some time, anyway – if its shown.

9. Redh3lix

I’m not particularly bothered at all about game announcements this E3 as my two most favourite games have a already been announced (Killzone 3 and LBP 2). It’s PSN+ that I’m seriously interested in.

10. Retroid

Seeing as I loved the second game (first was a big disappointment) I’m already looking forward to this! \o/

11. Erthazus

Personally, i liked Motorstorm game. It was a great experience. I can’t say it was brilliant but it was fun. + They made a game for a few months.

this time they are making Motorstorm game for 2 years, so it could be a brilliant game.

12. MaGiXieN

Just for information : your news source is wrong. AGB STEAL and UNTAG PS3GEN’s pictures. The real source of this news is http://www.ps3gen.fr/motorstorm-3-images-volees-jeu-toujours-pas-annonce-actualite-11172.html. Thanxs to correct.

13. DrDamn

Personally I’d much rather get info spaced before E3 than the massive info overload you get at E3. Sony were very smart with the LBP2 and Killzone 3 announcements. Lots more coverage than if they had waited. Who gives a toss when it’s announced?

14. MaGiXieN

At E3 I think. If I believe the anonymous source who send us pictures.

15. Stephany Nunneley

@MaGiXieN I have updated the post accordingly. Thanks for the proper link. :)

16. MaGiXieN

Thanks to you.

17. No_PUDding

Looks pretty shit to be honest.
    E3 is not about announcin expected sequels. And it doesn’t matter if they are annoucned at e3, it matters whether the games come out and are awesome.

18. Pelt Hunter

In the shot where it looks like the car is at a standstill in 9/16 place in front of buildings with the camera icon leads me to believe you will be able to record footage. No surprise. Bigger surprise: In the same shot it looks like those buildings are collapsing in an earthquake. Now I see where they are going with the San Francisco theme. I’m in awe at the possibilities if pulled off smoothly.

19. Redh3lix

They’re all shots of the game in 3D mode?

20. Gekidami

Either that or the guy taking the pictures has really shaky hands.

I wonder if Infamous 2 will have 3D? Maybe Sony plan to add the option into all of their upcoming games.

21. The Hindle

How much did Pacific Rift sell? im amazed at the amount of games Sony have in development.

22. Gekidami

They have a shit load of first party studios, so its sort of normal they can release so many first party games.

23. Erthazus

@22 Sony have the most quality 1st party studios. There is no question about who have more games in development.

3.5 million – Motorstorm
    0.90 million – Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

24. ExclusivesMostly

@4: yeah, Resistance 3 right before E3 IMO.

25. Gekidami

Pacific Rift sold atleast over 1 million

In december from an october release, so 1 million in about 3 months.

26. The Hindle

They never updated those sales same with Killzone 2 and Resistance 2, Sony never release stats for thier games.

27. Gekidami

Most publishers dont. They’ll say when they do over a million then any other figures we hear is when they’re asked in an interview. Some do also give updated figures when a sequel gets announced.

28. Rhythm

Ooh, very good news. Looks to be San Fran post-earthquake which could be really interesting.

29. Rhythm

BTW, whilst I have every faith in this being a 3D title, I dont believe those shots are from a 3D rendition. The frame mismatches don’t tie in to the relative distances that objects should be appearing from the player

30. SplatteredHouse

Those shots look REALLY generic. As generic that I ask myself whether they’re from any real game at all.
    There’s nothing in the vein of MotorStorm in those images. What’s with that shot with all the people?

That one’s really (really) suspect, because the whole MotorStorm theme is that there’s a festival atmosphere and people attend it like a Glastonbury, or Woodstock, mega-meeting of race nuts, (with live music) lol! But the point being, that it’s a staged event, the courses are all completely clear, and it’s the vehicles and drivers, versus the elements and each other…

31. tontsa91

First there was LBP2, then Killzone 3, then InFamous 2, now this, next Resistance 3? OMG. Is there any games left for E3? :O

32. frostquake

Crap I need to buy MS2.

33. Macrike

@MaGiXieN,

How the fuck is AGB going to REMOVE a WATERMARK that is in the middle of the images?

34. Erthazus