DC Universe Online finally gets a release date

Wednesday, 2nd June 2010 00:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

dcuniverseonline

SOE has finally given DC Universe Online a date – sort of.

It’s been announced for November at any rate.

The PC and PS3 MMO was shown at a pre-E3 event this week, and the information regarding the date comes to us through IGN, which had hands-on time with it.

Sounds like not only will you be creating your very own superhero or villain, but you will come across some of the more famous ones from the comics in interesting ways.

The example the site gave, went something like this:

The level SOE was showcasing had you as a hero breaking into Harley Quinn’s lair to rescue a kidnapped Robin. It was a dank, underground place packing shadows that gave off that dark and foreboding feel.

Meanwhile, Harley had smeared these red streaks on the floor and scrawled all sorts of messages around the place for nosey heroes to find. It was twisted — just like you’d think it should be.

As if we would expect anything less from the demented Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzel.

SOE has yet to announce the voice actors, but “you should expect familiar folks behind the characters you know”, according to IGN.

Sounds cool for DC fans, and it’s about time a release date of sorts given to them.

The last video was released for it back in April, and you can check it out here.

1. mathare92

Totally unrelated but thought I’d give you the heads-up Steph: http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1094050p1.html

2. onlineatron

Looking forward to this very much.

I’ve always liked MMOs but I’ve never liked PC gaming much (I prefer my home cinema set up) so the idea of being able to kick back on the settee and grind my way through an MMO sounds perfect!

I’m also loving the more action orientated spin on the genre.

3. Boris Fett

Going to be at the S.O.E. booth at E3 to try this out (as well as The Agency) first hand. Really looking forward to it.

4. xino

APB looks more polished than this game:/

5. theevilaires

I have a bad feeling about this….

6. Amored

@4 APB polished? APB is set for release July 2nd, and could use a few more months of beta testing xD That game is FAR from polished.

7. frostquake

Could Someone get rid of that Fucking chanel handbags Bot…Grrrrrrrrrr I come here because all the other sites have this problem…and now it is starting here too?? Sheesh!

8. mathare92

@7. What? Haven’t seen any bots on this site mate.

9. doa766

why is it that when sites talked about this games they never call it a PS3 exclusive and yet the call 360 exclusives to games that are released on PC and 36?

10. OlderGamer

@9 Maybe they should, but why does it matter? Does calling it an exclusive going to make it play any better? More fun? If it was a multiplat game, would it somehow be less worthy?

To answer your question, I think many people see Windows/PC as being linked to, if not the same type of thing as, XB360. They see the PS3 as being its own seperate platform.

@7 I haven’t had any trouble on this site either friend. No bots.

11. Amored

@9 Because PC/360 means the game is console exclusive to 360.