Rumour – Team ICO Collection to launch in Q1 2011

Wednesday, 26th May 2010 11:45 GMT By Johnny Cullen

shadowofthecolossus

TSA‘s reporting that the Team ICO Collection, which was first revealed by VG247 earlier this morning, will launch next year. Q1 to be exact.

Not much else was said other than what was already known from our previous report earlier.

The collection, which will see ICO and Shadow of the Colossus come together on the package, will be remastered and have full HD, and would be a perfect warm-up to Fumito Ueda’s next title The Last Guardian.

ICO released back in 2002 in Europe, while Shadow of the Colossus released in 2006, both for PS2.

1. Tallon 4

This is the news I’ve been waiting for.
    Awesome…was almost in tears when playing these games…must sound childish to some but these were really emotional games for me back then.

2. SplatteredHouse

Brilliant! Very pleased that this is likely to happen.

3. KAP

great news. SOTC is without doubt the greatest game i ever played (sayin that RDR is startin to become another) so HD hopefully trophies and you’ll have yourself a deal my son’

4. daytripper

i’ve never played either of them, always meant to though now i have an excuse

5. Erthazus

One of the best games last gen. I probably won’t buy HD version because i still have Ps2 version.

6. SunKing

Okay, so now I have to buy a PS3.

7. Kerplunk

A Shadow of the Colossus with a smooth frame rate would be most welcome.

8. ybfelix

Should be good. PS2 SotC’s frame rate was simply too low at times(example: shooting the hoof of the second colossus), and ICO’s too burry on a HDTV.

9. LewieP

Would be even better if they (at least gave the option to) remove the HUD from SOTC, it’s so unnecessary, and needlessly clutters the screen.

10. KAP

with everything wrong with SOTC it didnt matter.. like the framerate issue you forgave instantly because of the epic scale everything was.. i thought the framerate fitted the game actually because it made it feel alot more menacing..

To be fair there was nothing wrong this game did in my eyes.. except for the final boss… god… no!

11. DaMan

framerate was pretty good for a such a lame hardware, those guys did everything they could really.

anyway, meh. great for fans I guess.

12. Dannybuoy

Amazing! I missed out on these during the PlayStation days (was a Nintenboy back then) but my mates rave on about these games. They say how much I’ll like them. I know they telleth the truth

13. Len

Absolutely f@cking great news, still got the originals of them but will happily buy and play through an hd update of both.

Just wonderful pieces of software… :)

14. Telepathic.Geometry

Fuckin’ A! This’s great news. :D I wouldn’t mind if they threw in trophy support, but strangely enough, I wouldn’t mind if they didn’t either. It might not fit the mood of the games somehow. Hmm…

15. Panipal2005

@ 14

True dat. Can you imagine being awarded a trophy each time you brought down a colossus? It’d just seem wrong.

16. Dr.Ghettoblaster

CAN I GET AN AMEN!?

17. Patrick Garratt

For the record, I’m very sure this is true. I’m not sure on the timing, but unless I’m being lied to by people I really wouldn’t expect to be lied to by, this is happening.

18. Telepathic.Geometry

Cheers Pat, otherwise there’s an angry EG mob gathering at the gates of the thread I made on the back of this announcement here. ;_;

19. tenthousandgothsonacid

More importantly Pat, how much of the ‘drunk at a wake and shagging in the bogs’ story is true ? :D

20. mington

Why did i think that this was gospel six months ago when i bought my ps3, it was one of the reasons i used to justify the purchase of the console……maybe i had a flash forward like in Lost

and for no reason

21. tenthousandgothsonacid

@20 Probably cos you read interviews like this from TGS last year

22. mington

oooo i hope this revamped version of SotC will be a movie tie in, and they will change the look of the protagonist to that of danny dyer and he’ll sprout quips like “fuck off you tart” and “nice one bruvaaaa” as he guns down the colossi from a mini gun mounted jet pack

23. Tomo

Best news in ages this. I’d buy the collection in an instant.

24. raoullduke

mington LOL.

25. Cort

I knew this day would come.

26. No_PUDding

Shadow in HD will show everyone quite how beauitful the game is. It will show off the HDR, and the motion blur, and the self shadowing.

This game was off-the-chats aeadof it’s time visually.

It shows performance wise.

27. No_PUDding

Im glad Pat’s sure.

That means nothing, but I didn’t actually think this would happen, so. Yay.

Onstage demo of TLG at E3 and then this announcement will make me drool.

28. AHA-Lambda

great news to hear :)

I won’t get it personally seeing as i have both on ps2 but still good news for people who haven’t got them.

29. ginger

surely a pre-xmas launch would make more sense? Still, I’ll be getting this!

30. manamana

This is the best news this year. Now let us have SWBF3 before christmas and I’m done with my prayers …

31. zoopdeloop

Indeed these are great news.SOTC should be experienced by every gamer one way or the other (ps2 or on ps3).Because it’s not your everyday generic game.It’s games like this that redefine gaming as art
    As for ICO it was decent but not exactly in the same level with SOTC.I wonder what team ICO will do with their next project The Last Guardian…I don’t quite expect the same results with SOTC because it was and still is one of a kind…