Rumour: Ico and Shadow of the Colossus heading to Blu-ray in HD

Wednesday, 26th May 2010 09:40 GMT By Patrick Garratt

graves

[rain]

“This isn’t very good, is it?”
“It’s a fucking funeral. What do you expect?”
“Yes, I know, but come on. There’s hardly anyone here.”
“Well, he wasn’t a very nice man.”
“Are any of them?”
“Oh, shut up.”
“I’m only here because of you, you know.”
“Of course I know. You’ve said so about twenty times this morning.”
“There’s no need to be like that.”
“Whatever. Just shut up. They’re about to start.”

[crying]

“Jesus.”
“Seriously, shut up. Have some respect.”

[a short sermon, punctuated by crying. pause in recording. start in recording. sounds of glasses and low chatter]

“Don’t you fucking dare.”
“It’s just fucking beer. Leave me alone.”

[break in recording]

“I knew him quite well, you know.”
“Well, I’d hope so. We’ve just watched a man in a dress set fire to him.”
“He was buried, for Christ’s sake. Were you even watching?”
“Stick a double scotch in there, love, when you get a chance.”
“I knew it. You such a fucking arsehole.”
“You know what? I don’t even care. Every fucking week I get this. Every fucking week. Stop drinking; shut up; don’t call me at home. I’ve had enough. You treat me like a fucking child.”
“Well, if you want to be treated like an adult.”
“Oh, just fuck off. Seriously, just fuck off. No, not you, my darling. Here.”

[sound of a register, a glass being slammed down]

“It’s not funny. He’s bloody dead.”
“If you cry, I’m off.”
“I can’t help it. You’re so awful.”
“Another double in here, flower. And one for yourself. Look, let’s keep it civil. I’ve got something big. No, not that. What the fuck? I thought you were fucking upset?”
“Maybe I’m as transparent as you.”
“Thanks, Cheryl. It is Cheryl, isn’t it? Lovely name.”
“For fuck’s sake.”
“Tell you what. Blowy in the toilet and I’ll give you the story.”
“What?”
“Suck my cock in the toilet and I’ll tell you what I know. Cheryl? Two double scotches, please. Large ones. Wait.”
“Have you lost your fucking mind? We’re at a funeral.”
“That’s not strictly true. We’re at a wake. And I’m fucking battered. And horny. Nice one, Shirley.”

[money, two glasses being slammed down]

“Come on.”
“No.”
“Come on.”
“No. Fuck off.”
“Come on. Seriously, come on.”
“Yes, I know, Martha. I’m really sorry about this. Come on, then. You’re making a scene.”
“Come on.”
“Yes, I’m coming.”

[door, echo]

“Suck my cock.”
“Oh my God.”
“Come on. Let’s go. Get your chompers round this.”
“Put it away, for fuck’s sake. You’ll get us arrested.”
“Come on. I know you. I want you. You want me. Suck my cock and win the prize.”
“It’s not even hard.”
“It will be if you suck it. Go on: lick my balls.”
“I actually think this is the end.”
“Stick your finger up my ass.”

[falling sound followed by a yelp and a splash]

“I just want to point out that you’re lying in a urinal. You’re lying in a urinal at a funeral.”

[flushing, groaning]

“I needed a fucking shower anyway.”
“I really don’t know what to say.”

[door]

“Sorry about this.”

[pause. door]

“Look, I’ll tell you.”
“This had better be good.”
“Let’s play a game.”
“Fuck me.”
“It’s called Ico. Heard of it?”
“What?”
“Ico. Let’s play Ico.”
“What are you talking about?”
“I bet you’d like to play Ico, wouldn’t you? You dirty bastard.”
“Please get up.”
“Tell me you want to play Ico.”

[crying]

“I just want you to be normal.”
“And you want to play Ico.”

[sobbing]

“Yes. I want to play Ico.”
“Good. And you want to play it in HD, right?”
“What?”

[bubbling, laughing]

“What? What?”
“It’s being remastered on Blu-ray. In HD. Stop shaking me.”
“What else?”

[vomit]

“Oh. Jesus.”
“What else? Give me the news. Give it to me. Fucking tell me.”
“That’s better. Shadow of the Colossus is in the same pack.”
“Fuck.”
“Told you. Now suck my cock.”
“To summarise: you are lying in a pool of piss and sick in a toilet at a friend’s wake. Your penis has carrots on it. I think I’ll pass.”
“Fucking bastard. After everything I’ve done for you.”
“Call me when you’re not an alcoholic.”
“Fuck off.”

[door. groaning for several minutes. splashing. door]

“Suck my cock?”

1. Joe Anderson

Haha

I want these on disc.

2. Syrok

:D

I would buy it without a shadow of doubt*

*As long as they don’t use the PAL version of Ico.**

**Though I suppose it’d be worth it just for SotC

3. evilashchris

O_O

HOT!!

Also, the games would be nice.

4. tenthousandgothsonacid

This keeps being muttered about but I refuse to get my hopes up.

What’s your source Garratt you tease ?

5. tenthousandgothsonacid

@Syrok what’s wrong with the PAL version of Ico ?

6. Blerk

Ha ha! That made for a very entertaining coffee break! :-D

As for the game, would buy. If I had, etc. etc.

7. Raining_Upwards

Fucking awesome dialog guys, truly… *claps*

Great announcement too, but a lil’ more factual stuff would be nice.

8. Boris Fett

*orgasms*

*twice*

9. Syrok

“@Syrok what’s wrong with the PAL version of Ico ?”

The bounce pad, which doesn’t exist in the Japanese version. Almost impossible to time that jump. I gave up after trying it for a couple of hours. :(

10. Monk

Question of the day :

[ how many Fuck word in the sentence above ><" ]

11. Blerk

I found the way to do the bounce pad was to stop trying to do the bounce pad. My attempts at ‘timing it right’ were making me get it wrong. :-D

12. Blerk

And 22.

13. Herlock

All the net talking about yu Pat, good teasing :)

14. tenthousandgothsonacid

That’s weird, I don’t even remember a bounce pad. I must have fluked it.

But we got the extra water wheel bit in the PAL version and the mace. Let’s have the PAL version and either me or Blerk will pop round your house to help with the bounce pad bit.

Deal ? :)

15. mington

i don’t remember a bounce pad :?

i remember half way through the game you had to jump from a rope, but the distance was to far. i was stuck for half an hour. Until (with the help of google) i realised you can swing on the rope?!??! i was like, WTF you can swing on ropes?

16. mington

i hope ico gets a bit of a revamp and not just an upscale

i’ve been dying to play through SotC again, i remember using GAME’s ten day money back guarantee, when asked why i was returning it i just told them “i completed it, it was really good” :D

17. Panipal2005

@ Syrok

You are insane. Just insane.

+ one vote for the PAL version.

Edited to add;

Fumito Ueda apparantly had a meeting at Sony in September about this idea, which he was all for it, that lends this rumour some credence.

18. Boris Fett

If this doesn’t turn out to be true, I swear Pat, I’m coming after you…

19. Syrok

“I’m sure I told you about the trick for that part on the Team Ico Eurogamer group (simply put, stand on the pad, and jump as it’s going down, not as it’s going up).”
    It never worked for me, if you did. :(

20. mington

Yorda! YORDA!!

21. Fin

What bounce pad?

I know we (PAL) got the water thing and the lightsaber and the two player (and maybe the subtitles?).
    I’d certainly buy it again.

22. Fin

Are ye sure the bounce pad exists? I googled “bounce pad ico” and this page was the _only_ relevant result.

23. Syrok

Yes, I am sure. But I made up the name just now as I have no idea what the rest of the world calls that section. :)

24. mington

i think the rest of the world called it the pressure pad section

25. Tricky

Hmm, I always though of it more as a piston. It was a column of stone that you had to stand on and it shot upwards. You needed to press jump at the right time to use the power of the piston to get enough height and grab onto some pipes.

It was seriously bloody annoying.

26. Blerk

Yes, it’s definitely a piston.

27. mington

will some one find it on here already :P

28. Gheritt White

Proof positive that the Industry Legend GMA was well and truly deserved.

29. Blerk

It’s here, mington:

This bit:
    Return to the lower area and go over to the machine, which is now in operation. A small platform outside the cage pops up and down at regular intervals. You will either find this very easy or very difficult. You must stand on the platform, and jump just as it starts to rise. If you do it right, Ico will be catapulted up, and will grab a ledge on the wall far above. If you get it wrong, nothing much will happen. Just before it pops up, it will slowly move down a small distance. The best time to jump is when it gets to its lowest point. When you get it right you will find yourself hanging off a ledge. Climb up a few times to get to a high platform with a doorway leading outside.

30. daytripper

“That Team Ico bundle that sneaked its way onto the internet? It’s real, TheSixthAxis has been told this morning, and it’s due Q1 2011.

We don’t currently have much other details that we can spill, and for obvious reasons we’re branding this a rumour, but our source not only confirmed that Ico and Shadow of the Colossus will be heading our way on a Blu-ray disk for the PS3, but also that we won’t see the double pack until the beginning of next year.

Sony declined to comment on the date and details when we asked them.”

day 1 buy for me

31. mington

aaah, i must be in team “very easy”

32. The Hindle

When ever this comes out TLG wont be far off.

33. mington

Yeah, it’ll be a teaser a couple on months before, Mystic mington predicts FEB followed by TLG in APR, then a box set in MAY which will come with a plush dragon cat bird thing, or maybe colossus book ends or a stick!

34. tenthousandgothsonacid

Sadly, it probably means tLG will be 2011 too. Oh well…

35. The Hindle

:D Id say Sept 2011 release for TLG.

36. Fin

Ah yeah, I recall the bouncy-jumpy-pressure thing now. Don’t recall having a problem with it though!

37. mington

team “very easy” innit Fin

38. Panipal2005

They’re fools if they have it out after TLG…and they’re fools if TLG doesn’t come out this year.

39. daytripper

@35 nah i reckon october this year

40. raoullduke

i guess writing crazzed dialogue to explain simple storys is cheaper than therapy. “get your chompers around this” instructions of how to give the worst smokey ever. kudos, loved it.

41. Psychotext

I’m so glad I saw this linked, it would have been a travesty if I’d missed that write up. :D

/applauds pat