Robbie Bach leaves MS to spend more time with family, non-profit work

Tuesday, 25th May 2010 18:26 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

robbiebach

Microsoft’s Entertainment and Devices Division president Robbie Bach has said that he is leaving the company in order to spend more time with his family and to focus on his non-profit work.

Speaking in an official statement regarding his impending retirement this fall, the exec said that Steve Ballmer, Andy Lees and Don Mattrick will continue to bring “extraordinary entertainment” to the masses without him.

“At Microsoft, I’ve been so fortunate to spend more than two decades of my life working with incredible people and doing amazing things like launching Office, Xbox and Xbox Live, the Halo franchise, Windows Phones, Zune and more,” said Bach.

“I’m at the time in my life where I want to dedicate more time to my family and my non-profit work, including my work with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America.

“I have the utmost confidence in Steve, Don and Andy and their ability to see through our mission of bringing extraordinary entertainment and mobility experiences to life for people around the world.”

Microsoft has confirmed that J Allard’s also departing the company, but will retain an advisory role.

A formal announcement from the company on the “massive shakeup” is expected soon.

Via MCV.

1. Razor

God I wish Don Mattrick would leave. He infuriates me no end, what with that smug face of his.

2. V_Ben

Yeah, I’m not that much of a fan of Mattrick either. I don’t really like how he presents things :/

3. Robo_1

They should have never let Peter Moore go, he was able to sell the brand without being an insufferable troll at the same time. It’s a trick neither Don or Aaron Greenberg have got the hang of.

4. cookiejar

@1 agree.

Although, most the Microsoft bosses do that to me.

I like Major Nelson myself.

5. Gheritt White

FUCK Don Mattrick. Smug wanker, if ever there was one.

6. Razor

Yeah, Peter was a class act. He was somehow able to troll the competition, without it actually being trolling.

7. theevilaires

It has begun…..

8. Galactic_Barret

My gosh, those teeth. Was that face made on purpose? He looks like a vampire.

9. OlderGamer

I was thinking an angry Beaver myself….

10. Erthazus

I thought i’m the only one who don’t like Don Matrick and his attitude.

I liked Robbie Bach. He was not on the ball or dissing other competitors.

11. Blerk

Wow, I wonder why he’s really going? He seemed like he was going to be there forever. Strange things are afoot at Planet Microsoft.