Split/Second gets dev diary treatment one last time

Friday, 21st May 2010 07:57 GMT By Johnny Cullen

splitsecond2

Split/Second releases today in the UK. You should, you know, go out and buy it. What do you mean you want more? Fine, take this last dev diary and see what happens.

The video focuses on creating special effects for the Black Rock racer, as well as the epic set-piece blockbuster moments, plus more. Get it below

Reviews for it so far have been very positive. And we can see why: we’ve had the game for a couple of days, and it’s well wicked.

Go out and buy it in an hour for PS3, 360 and PC.

Thanks, Big Download.

1. Johnny Cullen

I put aside Red Dead Redemption to play this all of last night.

I fucking love it.

2. Joe Anderson

I have Modnation, RDR and this, its so hard to decide what one to play cause they are all ace.

3. Erthazus

This is not a bad racing game, but this is the most unbalanced arcade racing game i ever saw. + too much repetitive levels and almost no car damage(explosion cut scenes with damage are meh), physics and arcade mechanical damage.

And where is the fucking Nitro in arcade racing game? I think this game miss this option. Sometimes i really wish it would be there.

Other then that, it’s a solid arcade and not as good as old Flatout games or Burnout Paradise. Balance really is an issue.

4. Merf

Erthazus, I disagree with almost every word you say.

think this re-boots the arcade racer and I love it, its been a poor few years for innovation at this end of the racing spectrum and this feels like the first genuinely fresh new product with some new ideas in a long time.

5. Random_H

Loved the first half, then began to hate the career structure. Online could have been brillant, but ended up as an optionless torso of what could have easily been one of the best online experiences.

Also, the game gets really infuriating after 6 events or so.

Shame that.

Alex

6. Erthazus

@4 And what Split|Second innovated? I see only less physics and mechanical arcade damage with unbalanced explosion system and with repetitive levels.
    It’s not bad, but it’s not great or brilliant. It’s solid.

@5 agree

7. ReeceHeywood

Unlocked some fast cars, I’m loving the speed.

8. Goliath

I’m torn between Blur and Split Second. I haven’t gotten either. I’m waiting for reviews of Blur to make a decision. I enjoyed the Blur beta but the Split Second demo was too underwhelming to make a decision based solely on that.