Update 2: Here’s some scans from Gamepro over on AGB.
Update: Apparently, the latest issue of Gamepro has the goods on Killzone 3 and the game has jetpacks and can be played in 3D. Hit the jump.
According to a poster over on the GameSpot UK forums, here’s what’s in the mag:
- Will show the Helghast have humanity left in them
- Will have the feeling that “of being in a place far away from home, outnumbered by people who want to kill you.”
- Will be like Inglorious Basterds.
- All of the characters in the screenshots are flying in.. jetpacks?!
- Will include arctic levels.
- One mission in the game involves rescuing ISA Captain Narville.
- Game is playable in 3D
- Have to wear 3D glasses, apparently the 3D effects are “crazy.”
- Combat is “unchanged from predecessor.”
- Or is it? Hand to hand combat involves you “Unloading a string of different (and often brutal) attacks on stunned enemies.”
- The scale is supposed to be “bigger this time.”
- The Jetpacks are “surprisingly lightweight and agile, Killzone 3’s jetpack is easier to maneuver compared to the sluggish incarnations of the gadget found in other games.”
- New weapon called the Wasp, basically shoots a “flurry of rockets” at an enemy.
- Will show off the Helghast culture.
- There is actually a Helghast language, which will be explored in the game.
- Will have “diverse locales.”
- Have to sit in the center of the 3D tv for the 3D effects to work.
- 3D in this game is called a “Game Changer.”
- Going to have “Intense Action”
- Jetpacks double as a weapon, which basically means a machine gun mounted right on top of it.
- If you shoot Helghast with jetpacks, they’ll “explode like roman candles”
- To control the jetpack, you “have to activate bursts of speed in midair, propelling yourself across further distances.”
- The Jetpack resembles something you’d do in platformers such as Super Mario Bros. Or Uncharted
- In one mission, you have to use the jetpack by “launching yourself from glacier to glacier”
You’ll see “a lot of” snow levels.
- Everything is more spread out in this game.
- The game looks very complete.
Fucking hell, Sony. Sounds like your secret keepers need a spanking.
Via: The SixthAxis.
Original: Some artwork that looks very Killzone-ish, and is supposedly from Killzone 3 has “leaked” onto the nets.
While Sony has been very coy about everything Killzone 3, there’s reason to hope that the game “may” make an appearance at E3 – especially after Jack Tretton’s statement that GDC was “only the frosting on the cake,” and Sony’s “saving the batter for E3. We will absolutely bring the heat”.
While he never said when it was coming, Tretton did promise Killzone 3 for sometime or another.
We’ll send a mail and ask if this is genuine or not.