Knight’s Contract announced for PS3, 360

Wednesday, 19th May 2010 09:41 GMT By Johnny Cullen

knights contract

The latest issue of Famitsu’s revealed Knight’s Contract from Namco Bandai for PS3 and 360.

The game’s an action title, which sees two playable characters: Heinrich, a knight who is immortal and a witch known as Gretchen.

No more details were provided other than it would be a 2011 release for the game.

There’s a scan of the game’s reveal over at Siliconera.

1. Blerk

Anyone else remember when witches used to be wizened old crones with warts and broomsticks rather than hot young chicks in bikinis?

2. Raining_Upwards

Wowsers, yet another 3rd person slasher title from the land of the rising sun.

If they continue with this kind of banal, stagnated genre plop it seems like the prophetic Jun Takeuchi would be right to say that their industry is going down the toilet.

3. evilashchris

Yeah Blerk, we need a sequel to Cauldron :D

4. tenthousandgothsonacid

@Blerk I think these days they tend to be hot young chicks that turn out to be wizened old crones in disguise.

I call it ‘the lager effect’ ;)

5. Gheritt White

The only JP ganme that currently has my my interest is Vanquish – that one actually looks really rather decent.

6. Raining_Upwards

@5 Agreed.

7. sliph3r

More scans @ AGB

8. Erthazus

@5 because it’s a shooter? -________-”

How can you take so much shooters? Come on.

9. Superfrog

“Heinrich, a knight who is immortal and a witch known as Gretchen.”

lol, the Japanese still like cliché-ridden historical German myth culture. Ridiculous =)

10. Gheritt White

@ 8: Actually it’s because I like the art style and setting. I’m not really a big shooter fan as it happens – my fave type of game is runny-jumpy-climby-fighty platformery adventure type games, like Assassin’s Creed, Prince of Persia and God of War. I *really* like the look of that new Castlevania game, for example.

It’s also why I like that 3D version of Bionic Commando so much. I’m a sucker for novel ways to traverse an environment.

11. mington

Looks good to me, like a cross between ninja gaiden and castlevania, theres not nearly enough ‘decent’ pure action games for my liking.

The new shot of vanquish looks very cool to, one shot shows the screen full of homing missiles

pure win

12. Herlock

Raining_Upwards
    Who make shooting games in first place…