ModNation Racers PS3 demo hits May 18

Saturday, 15th May 2010 15:29 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

modnationps3

Sony has revealed over on the US PS Blog that a ModNation Racers demo will hit PSN Tuesday, May 18.

Want to know what’s included with the demo? Hit the break and find out.

On the single-player front, you’ll be able to try out an in-game track against the AI, while in multiplayer, you can race against three friends in Offline Split Screen.

You will also be able to design your Mod and Kart through the Creation Station, which will not have the full customization options available, but should still have enough to give you an idea of what you can do.

There’s also the option to make your own track, and the ability to save it should you purchase the full game and wish to share it with others.

ModNation Racers is out on May 21 in the UK, and May 25 in the US.

1. OlderGamer

I have a lot of hope for this game. Looking forward to the demo.

2. Stephany Nunneley

I am actually considering it myself, and I am not much on racing games, but this seems like MarioKart almost, which I loved many eons ago when dinosaurs ruled the world.

3. OlderGamer

SNES Mario Kart was the best racing game for ages(still is in many ways). What I think I like most about ModNation is the track building. I enjoyed those type of aspects in LBP. In truth LBP wasn’t all that good in terms of actual gameplay/controls but the crazy amount of levels you could download or make yourself…made that game fantastic.

So long as the control is good for ModNation, I think I will be enjoying it for a very long time to come.

Games like this are exactly why I own a PS3 and not just a xb360.

4. Retroid

I honestly thought this was a PSN game. It would’ve been perfect for that, but retail….?

5. Moonwalker1982

Cool a demo, definitely be trying it out.

6. ExclusivesMostly

@Retroid: i heard some people say that about LBP initially and look at it’s status now.
    I’m actually looking forward to the demo.

7. Tallon 4

The beta was not brilliant. I hope the framerate will be a steady 30 fps. The framerate in the beta wasn’t very good

8. justiceblob

Probably why it’s called a beta. Funny that

anyway…. This demo is a buy or not to buy moment for me. Hoping it is better than the beta.

9. BlueOne

WOW i want try the demo cuz this game 4 me XD,
    im going buy it when they out the game

10. BlueOne

first patch soon

11. Stephany Nunneley

@10 – Yes. It says so up there in the post.

“You can read the full thing through the blog, and to those of you who played the Beta, the dev teams wants you to know that the load times have been improved, and further optimization will occur through a post-launch patch.”

12. BlueOne

i hope that

13. PS3_Rules

I was in the last BETA they had (the UK one) & from what I experienced you guys will love this game like a fat kid loves cake, they had a few patches since the US beta and it was running really nice with the load times already considerably cut down, I look forward to the demo but will not likely get to play it as I will be playing Red Dead Redemption probably like the rest of you.

Honestly though they picked a bad time to release the demo, I think they should have released it last week if they wanted more downloads and sales.

14. DrDamn

Demo is available on US PSN – presumably coming in Euro update today too. Much improved over the Beta imo. The frame rate is vastly improved and that makes the handling more responsive and manageable.