Screens – MW2 Resurgence map pack

Friday, 14th May 2010 17:33 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

mw2resurgencecarnival

Activision has sent over screens from Modern Warfare 2′s Resurgence map pack, featuring shots of Trailer Park, Vacant, Strike, Fuel, and Carnival.

Announced yesterday and chatted about by Bowling today, the pack lands first on XBL June 3.

Enjoy the screens.

1. _S_E_R_G_

Strike :(
    hate it.

2. Dr.Freeman

at least they finally admit that thier game is for kids

3. DeSpiritusBellum

Looks good, but then so did the Stimulus maps, and I only ended up liking one of those. Hmmmmm.

@2 Oh yeah, videogames have always been aimed at the elderly. Logic +1 there, champ.

4. Dr.Freeman

@3 I preffer to hear a trembling man talking than listening to those annoying chidren-which u look one of them- shouting everywhere.

5. DeSpiritusBellum

@4 I don’t have to qualify myself in any way to you. It’s very simple, if you don’t like kids, then maybe you shouldn’t play videogames online. Turns out, kids dig those. Shocking, I know.

6. OlderGamer

Last I knew the average of a US gamer was 31yr old. It is going to go up over time. Look at me. Not as if a gamer is going to stop playing or out grow games. What we play does indeed change over time. I won’t touch Halo with a ten foot controler. In my experience CoD isn’t much better. BFBC2 is a bit better in terms of maturity amoung its players. But that is down to time of day you play, and in CoDs case the sheer number of players playing makes it impossible not to feel like your over run with kids.

Kids love MP FPS they are drawn to the twitch like bugs to light.

7. DeSpiritusBellum

@6 That’s hardly scientific. I’ve played BC2 to the point of unlocking all the weapons and I’ve been playing MW2 casually since it came out, prestiging twice, and I did not see the slightest bit of difference in either game.

I’d say one in every ten matches has some retard gloating about his amazing victory in both games, but the thing that struck me was that in MW2 it’s customary to call it a good game at the end, whereas in BC2, for as long as I played, I didn’t see anyone being a good sport.

Fact is, games appeal to kids. To think that gaming is somehow an adult realm of entertainment is ridiculous. I’ve been gaming since I was 5. The only difference is that today it’s trendy to pretend it’s adult, whereas 10-15 years ago, every console commercial had a 10 year old in front of a TV set, instead of a hipster 20-something.

8. Moonwalker1982

1200 points all over again, this is beyond ridiculous. What gives them the idea to ask such idiotic prices for…sigh…3 new maps and two old ones?

When i play BC2 online, i am in a party with my friends and i won’t ever hear these kids at all. We work as a team and if you do that, the game is incredible. I’ve given up on MW2 though, the maps didn’t do it for me. The vehicles (choppers,fighters) are overkill and the glitches,campers,cheaters and bugs ruined it for me. Recently i tried MW2 again, and it took way too long to just start a game, when i tried COD4 though, i had lots of fun.