First Alan Wake DLC episode popping out and shouting ‘boo!’ in July

Friday, 14th May 2010 05:48 GMT By Nathan Grayson

alanwake2

“Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman Wake.” Wrong game quote, sure, but nearly as apt, considering how long we’ve been watching Alan Wake’s release date slip and slide about.

Fortunately, it looks as though the wait for Wake’s next nightmarish adventure will be nearly non-existent by comparison.

Alan Wake’s DLC will be released July 27th on Xbox Live. Please be sure to hold on to your token card to redeem the content at that time,” Remedy tweeted.

Alan Wake’s out today in the UK, and on May 18 in the US. Apparently, it’s scary good, which is nice, because otherwise the ensuing gamer rage would’ve just been scary.

1. Blerk

Lots of people on my friends list playing this last night, some of them into the wee hours. Seems they like.

2. polygem

Finished it. Liked it. It is good but not awesome. It is damn short. I needed 6 or 7 hours to finish it. I dont like the way they sell this game. Deliver a short game for the full price and then release more episodes as dlc to make some more cash. No problem if the game was longer but like this its just uncool. I wont buy the dlc. Was fun to play it but i dont like to get ripped off.

3. JonFE

IIRC, this first DLC is actually free :)

4. polygem

i know…but that is just a clever try to stop people from selling the game again early…thats why i´m saying: dlc – i´m out…

5. mington

shitting token card shit

6. polygem

9 episodes on the disc. the 10th free via code…then three more via dlc that last about an hour each to make it 13 alltogether. this would be fair and i would consider to keep the game and would probably even buy the dlc…the way it is now it just screams greed. it is really arrogant. its sad because many people waited long for this game. but to make it that short just isn´t very fair. i mean it has the length of a cod game! but cod is all about the mp anyway so that never really bothered me. was glad to finish the sp so i can finally jump into the mp action. this isn´t the case in alan wake. a game like this needs a solid sp experience that should not be over when you just started to really dig into the game. after all this big hype talking from remedy they do not deserve further support from me. liked the game but turned off by the way they treat me as a customer…

7. zoopdeloop

I was waiting a really long time for this game.Now that i finished it i can tell it’s really nothing special as i was hoping for
    It’s a bit unoriginal and the plot is uninspired…If it wasn’t in development for so many years and was released sooner it would have better reception even for what it is now.

Anyone who liked it just a little bit i suggest playing Silent Hill Shattered Memories on Wii way much better ;)

8. Eon

Woop, looking forward to the DLC. It’s definitely my favourite game I’ve bought since 2008.