4A hopes to reveal Metro 2033 DLC this week

Tuesday, 11th May 2010 14:43 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

metro20333

THQ and 4A Games revealed through the magic of Twitter yesterday, that details regarding the first bit of DLC for Metro 2033 will be released this week.

So much for doing it the old fashioned way, like, through a countdown on the official website or something.

Here’s the tweet, per IncGamers:

“Like a fine single malt, the DLC is almost done…we hope to be able to take the wraps off it this week.”

Last month, the developers announced via the game’s Facebook page that the DLC was in the works and that it would be single-player only as multiplayer for the the title was “sadly not possible.”

If you’ve yet to check the game out, and want to get a small feel for what’s in store for you, the first 15-minutes of the game can be watched here.

1. mington

i played through this a few weeks back, quite a hard game to recommend, the shooting (the meat and potatoes) are rotten, but the stories good and the game gets better as it goes on, and the roast carrots are nice.

There are these stupid ape buddies that honestly you have pump 100+ bullets into its face to kill it, and stupid exploding jelly sacks.

It was stated as dlc for the die hard fans…i’d imagine they are referring to fans of the books, I bet the DLC will be another chapter, maybe like some short story between this and the next book/game.

2. JeRicHoOL

Didn’t like it’s gameplay, well I found it aweful. The movement of the character and such. Had to resell it back to my retailer.

3. pleasant_cabbage

It conveys a great sense of atmos and the stealth bits are done well enough but, yeah, I’m struggling with it a little. Just not terribly fresh feeling.

4. xino

will be getting this in thurs or frid
    the dlc better good:/

5. mington

stick with it!

There’s no more shops after the one in the HUGE train station before the library level, so use them super bullets.

i finished the game with almost 300 super bullets which i never spent/fired. The game probably would’ve been a lot more fun if i fired them in to things

6. simakperrce

mington, you can bypass the librarians (the apes) without firing a single shot. You just have to stand still and look them in the eyes until they turn around and walk off.

The game is much more fun with a decent weapon and on ‘Easy’ when there is enough ammo to collect. I agree, however, that overall it’s a mixed bag. It has great atmosphere and a nice buddy AI, but there are some parts which are frustrating to the point that they are breaking the game: For instance, on my first playthrough of ‘D6′ I couldn’t make it past the glowing balls because I didn’t have enough ammo to shoot away the nests and either my character or my buddy died all the time. I had to restart the entire game on a lower difficulty level in order to make it past that stage. This is something that shouldn’t happen, especially in a linear game such as this one.