Video – Red Dead Redemption gets even more footage

Sunday, 9th May 2010 09:50 GMT By Joe Anderson

reddeadred8

Gamestrailers TV’s shown off some new exclusive footage of Red Dead Redemption. As you’d expect, it looks like the business.

During the show, Geoff Keighley also grabbed the thoughts on the game’s development from two of its team.

Jeronimo Barrera, VP of development, was first up, saying:

“I have heard the comments saying that this game is just GTA with horses, but it’s our vision of what the West was, setting the ultimate open world game in rural environments, something that hasn’t really been done before.”

Rob Nelson, production designer added:

“There were a few different challenges involved. Visually it had to look very beautiful, expansive and huge, so we approached it in a similar way to GTA in terms of research.

“We then had to decide how we were going to stitch a giant world like that together, make it hold up and make it believable. The end result is that it feels like you can go as far as you want to go.”

Red Dead Redemption is set for release on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on May 18 in North America and on May 21 in Europe.

1. Gekidami

It was abit disappointing really, the only bit of new footage was the FMV between the Sheriff (or was he a Marchal?) and Marston, everything else was just stuff pulled from the already released trailers.

2. Uncontested

9 days weeeeeeee

3. Joe Anderson

Can’t wait :)

4. Droid

Trailer started to load then my isp capped me for the day… evil. :( So much for “unlimited” Virgin media downloads.

Ah well I’m sure it was good. Wish the game was out already.

5. Yoshi

@Droid *whispers* just restart your internet *wink wink nudge nudge*

And i do love the idea of this game but having it for pc would be the iceing on the cake for me :( Because i play on my computer more than ps3

6. Droid

@5 *Whispers*… doesn’t work when you’re on a fixed ip *cry*

7. Yoshi

YAY a possible PC version :D even though thats from March :S Hopfully its still good :)

8. Droid

I’m sure it will come out on pc at some point too but I think it’s more likely to be out a lot later, more likely Christmas time.

9. Yoshi

I can last until Christmas for this beauty, ive got so many games XD

10. Isaaclarke37

Glad that PC gamers might have the experience for this anticipated game as well.

11. No_PUDding

I’ll be ready when it comes. There’s no other games I want.

12. Aimless

My only real concern with this game is technical: the 360 footage shown hasn’t been particularly smooth, and the fact they haven’t released a single asset from the PS3 version doesn’t bode well.

13. Blerk

9/10 from GamesTM, apparently.