Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow hitting PS2 in June

Saturday, 8th May 2010 21:15 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

logansshadow

John Garvin, creative director at Bend Studio, has announced over on the US PS Blog that Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow will be made available for PS2 on June 1.

Originally released on the PSP in 2007, the game will include some added tweaks for the PS2 controller: a snap button to ease the transition in and out of cover; a “swing out and aim” command for L1; and some re-tuning for the extra analog stick.

The devs also updated the textures and effects.

While announcing the game, Garvin also revealed that this summer, the first-ever Syphon Filter digital graphic novel will be released.

Called Syphon Filter: The Opposition Effect, it’s over 120-pages long and bridges the stories of Dark Mirror and Logan’s Shadow.

All sounds rather neat.

Get more information through here.

1. Kith

Maybe, someone should tell him about the PS3? :D

2. DaMan

I wonder when will they stop making PS2 games.

3. Moonwalker1982

I remember SF and SF2 on PS1, such awesome games. Why doesn’t the PS3 have one yet?

4. manamana

Gosh, they are so 20th century.

But wait. How clever. The production costs must be also from the last decade, since they don’t develep highend HD stuff. And the installbase is enormous. Its even just a beefed-up PSP port!

Oh dear, they really got no balls.

5. El_MUERkO

I love the PS1 syphon filter games but the PS2 games were turd, I don’t think the developers have the resources/talent to make a worthy next-gen successor. A pity cause I loved the games.

6. Gekidami

Werent all of the PS2 versions (apart from this one) all actually online multiplayer Orientated?

7. AHA-Lambda

omega strain was MP oriented and was total shit, the other 2 were psp ports.

I aint got any hope left for this franchise, shame I loved the ps1 games too :(

8. The Hindle

I think there is a Syphon Filter game in development for the Ps3, it was leaked a few years ago alongside Socom 4.

9. AHA-Lambda

wasn’t it said that those details were for the psp game and that people mistook them as ps3?

i remember reading something like that anyway O_o

10. The Hindle

Socom 4 was listed as a Ps3 game and was later announced a few month ago so maybe its the same for Syphon Filter

11. AHA-Lambda

If it aint at e3 i’d give up hope entirely.

Although sony I want a medievil 3!!!!