StarCraft II subscription pricing announced for South America

Friday, 7th May 2010 10:16 GMT By Johnny Cullen

starcraftii251

Blizzard’s announced the subscription pricing for South America for StarCraft II.

For Argentina, Chile and Mexico, you can buy the game for $299 MXN / $119 ARS / $13,900 CLP in each region, with up to six months of single-player and multiplayer included.

If you wish to play it after that six month period, you can pay for additional time between 30 and 60 days. Pricing is yet to be announced on that front.

If players want a sub-free experience, they can download the game from Battle.net for $60.

The plan is similar to what’s being planned in Russia for the game.

“One of our design goals for StarCraft II was to make it accessible to a wide range of players, from beginners to veterans,” Blizzard president Mike Morhaime said in a press release.

“The same is true with regard to our pricing options — we want to make sure players have the flexibility to experience the game according to their own preferences and play style.”

PR’s here. StarCraft II releases on July 27 worldwide.

1. Maximum Unreal

This is so stupid that i dont know what say

2. _S_E_R_G_

why can’t we(Russians, Ukrainians) get simple region locked version?
    like MW2 cost to us $15

3. endgame

hahaha I told u u stupid f**ks! I told u it will start with Russia and then spread all over the place. and this is just the beginning of what Acti has in store for all of it’s future titles. it all began with something Kotick said some time ago. but noooo, nobody paid much attention to that. and a lot of f**ked up retards r still paying for Acti products. this is so lame and stupid. hah. :D

4. OlderGamer

Kind of scary really.

5. JonFE

@Johnny:

I haven’t followed this at all, but, does SC2′s single-player campaign require a subscription? What am I missing? Could you please clear this bit up for stupid me?

6. Boris Fett

…a subscription for StarCraft? Is this taking the piss?

*scratches it off his to-buy list*

7. _S_E_R_G_

no, you can play single-player without additional fee.

8. The_Villa

Well, I’m from Argentina, and that’s not thaat bad, it’s like, US$30 or $20 pounds.

EDIT: They’re saying that, after the six month you can’t play even singleplayer. I thought it was an error from Johnny

9. Phoenixblight

Its only for the emerging market to sell it to so they don’t have to pay for the whole game they instead pay a sub.

Its actually a nice deal if I just want to plat the Single player and not the MP, I would just pay 30$ and a the sub beat it before the next month and I save 20. If I want the full version I just upchuck the remainder and play my heart out.