Free ModNation Racers DLC dropping before release

Friday, 7th May 2010 08:46 GMT By Johnny Cullen

modnationracers

Sony’s announced some free DLC for ModNation Racers will hit before the game’s launch.

Known as “Air Raid”, the mod consists of a fighter plane, with the accessories for your modded-character included to boot to look the part.

So far, only websites like the US PS Blog and Gamespot are giving away codes for the DLC, beginning this Sunday.

Free is free, so you may as well give it a punt.

ModNation Racers releases on May 21 in the UK, with a May 25 launch in the US for PS3.

1. Gadzooks!

I just want to know if a demo is going to be available.

I want the game to be good as I have a kart-sized hole in my game collection (and wasnt impressed by Sega and Sonic racing), but apart from the wonderful creation tools, the Beta did nothing to convince me this game will be fun to play.

2. mington

I think Eurogamer gave it 7/10, i wasn’t impressed by the beta at all, maybe wait and see if the xbox avatar racer will fair any better

Is the Avatar racer going to be an arcade title or a disc release? i think it was announced as an arcade title, but that was before Mod nation racers was revealed

3. sennasnit

However notoriously tough Edge gave it 8, so not bad at all…

4. Tallon 4

Hoped this would be 60 fps….it’s 30 >_<

5. Gadzooks!

Reviews aren’t going to convince me to buy the game after playing the Beta I’m afraid, even if it got universal 10′s.

I was also dissapointed with 30fps after so many people claiming it would be 60fps. The framerate in the beta was TERRIBLE, but a stable 30fps is okay, if not ideal.

Pretty sure Avatar racer is XBLA. I doubt it will feel anywhere near as big budget as MK/MNR/SnSR but hopefully the key ingredient will be there: playability. That’s all I want in a game.

6. mington

I want quick accessibility, i wanna by burning around in a kart within 30 seconds of turning the game on.

the beta of MNR had way to many menus and long loading times, by the time i reached the starting line i had lost all interest in even playing a race.

It should be like. On your dashboard, you notice three of your friends are fucking about on a stunt course, would you like to join them Yes/No, 30 seconds later the games loaded up and your on the course with them BOOM

7. DJ Deathstar

Joy Ride, the avatar racing game is going to be a free xbla game that will include a few cars and a couple of tracks. Though you will be able to pay for more content, cars, tracks etc if you want too. There hasn’t been much said about it though since a news story in January, i’m expecting a release date at E3 as its was announced at last years show. The tracks are actually big areas which you can sort of take your own route i think if you want, as i know theres a mode where you can just drive around these areas doing jumps and tricks etc

8. DJ Deathstar

Oh if you just want a cart type racer game, you might want to try Things On Wheels the much delayed XBLA racer, sort of like re-volt which is being release this wednesday for 800 points! It was first announced in Jan 08, kept getting delayed and now finally released

9. mington

Re-volt! awesome. I used to play that whilst listening to Limp Bizkit :) how embarrassing

10. Joe Anderson