Report – Konami looking at PSN release of MGS: Peace Walker

Tuesday, 4th May 2010 07:16 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Peace Walker

Looks like Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker may just get more than a PSP release, if Konami gets its way.

The firm has been gauging interest over a potential PSN release for the game on PlayStation 3, which would also have online multiplayer, most likely in a similar form to Metal Gear Online.

The subject was raised recently when Konami held a Q&A session with journos after a recent hands-on event for the PSP version of the sneak ‘em up.

It wouldn’t be the biggest surprise in the world if it happened, considering main canon MGS titles have release on home platforms. And as previously noted, this used to be known as Metal Gear Solid 5: Peace Walker.

That said, Kojima Productions still has Metal Gear Solid: Rising in development for PS3, 360 and PC in the meantime.

For now, the PSP version of Peace Walker releases on June 18 in the UK.

Thanks, Gamepro.

1. Johnny Cullen

I’d buy it.

2. Yoshi

If they add it properly so we can control the camera with the right analog then go for it :D

3. JeRicHoOL

PSN release to play it with the PS3 or just as another option for PSP players to buy it?

4. Bulk Slash

I would imagine the PSN release would be for PSP Go owners. I might get it for my PSP Go, but I still remember how the last one was overhyped, so I’m not sure I want to take the risk.

5. Withnail

They’ve already confirmed they will put the PSP version on PSN (all 2.5GB of it) on the same day the UMD is in the shops. This article is talking about a PS3 port. I can’t really see it happening to be honest, it would involve a massive amount of work.

6. Gekidami

Yes please Konami, anything to evade the single analogue gameplay of the PSP version.