More story-focused DLC in the works for Mass Effect 2

Tuesday, 4th May 2010 17:21 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

masseffect2

Those a bit deflated over the Mass Effect 2 DLC coming today should just consider it a snack in preparation for the larger meal ahead.

According to a tweet from BioWare’s Christina Norman, story DLC is still being worked on, so don’t fret too much.

“For those asking about DLC, trust me, we’re releasing story DLC as fast as we can,” .tweeted Norman. “Item DLC is like a between-meal snack.

Previously available as a pre-order bonus, the armor in the pack provides Shepard with better negotiation abilities, and is called the Equalizer Pack.

It contains the Archon Visor, Capacitor Helmet and the Inferno Armor for $2/160 MSP/BW Points.

1. daytripper

i felt a bit deflated but some of the abuse the crazys are handing out on biowares forum is a disgrace. loved me 1 & 2 and cant wait for big post release DLC!:D

2. mightyhokie

No kidding. ME was great, and ME2 is off the scale great. Add to it all the free DLC through the Cerberus network and the excellent pay DLC….what is there to complain about? The only thing they should hear from fans, to be honest, is ‘Thank you’.

3. daytripper

@2 they are acting like spoilt brats and can make infuriating reading. i’m worried about biowares feedback guys taking these looneys seriously, feedback such as the main menu is dull, all the characters “are gay and suk”, make its a fps, have multiplayer. feel like screaming at some of them ha ha! its my favourite new i.p this gen along with uncharted and dead space (alan wake could be on that list too) and i dont want spoilt little turds ruining what is so far a tremendous experience.

4. Moonwalker1982

I agree, still haven’t finished ME2 but i will soon. I was surprised by the many little pieces of free DLC when the game came out, and thus if the paid DLC is worth it..i’ll be happy to buy that.

5. Bulk Slash

@3 Agreed, I don’t want to see the winning formula of ME2 changed much, it’s pretty much perfect as it is.

6. YoungZer0

@5: I would disagree. The N7-Mission were pretty much forgettable and let’s not talk about the probing. They played it way too save with this one. No Items Managment. No real arch-enemy. It felt way too much like an episode instead of a complete game.

It’s like they said: Oh, they didn’t like the Items Menu? Should fix it? No cut it. They didn’t like the Mako? Cut it! Everything that didn’t work or needed fixing was thrown over board.

I just expected so much more after the first one.

7. daytripper

i never understood the mako hating, i always found it easy to drive and shoot with, liked it better than that hammerhead thingy !

8. blackdreamhunk

I am thinking about getting both dlc. I am just wondering how much points will be the story dlc.

I may hold off on until I know how much the other dlc will be :)

9. mightyhokie

YoungZer0….I guess there is no accounting for taste.

10. blackdreamhunk

I like the first mass effect better. However I am type of guy who likes all genres. I am more of an genre jumper.

I bought the dlc any way.